Senior Software Engineer (DevOps) - Pure Flix
Pure Flix is the worldwide leader in selecting and streaming faith and family-friendly media that changes lives, inspires hearts, and lifts the spirits of members like you and those you love.
We are looking for a Senior Software Applications Engineer to join Pure Flix growing Engineering team and build out the next generation of our OTT application platform. The ideal candidate is a hands-on application builder with significant experience in developing scalable platforms. They must be at ease working in an agile environment with little supervision. This person should embody a passion for continuous improvement and test-driven development.
Responsibilities for this role include:
• Creating and implementing the source code of new applications
• Testing source code and debugging code
• Evaluating existing applications and performing updates and modifications
• Developing technical documentation to represent the design and code of new applications
• Analyzing, designing and developing tests and test-automation suites
• Application software development methodology in an agile environment
• Providing ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms
• Collaborating cross-functionally with data scientists, business users, project managers and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions
• Providing recommendations for continuous improvement
• Working alongside other engineers on the team to consistently apply best practices.
The ideal candidate has:
• Experience with web standards and frameworks like HTML5, CSS, React, Angular etc.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• 4 - 7 years strong DevOps focus and experience building and deploying infrastructure with cloud deployment technologies
• Experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks.
• Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
• Demonstrated ability of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision.
• Experience with infrastructure automation technologies like Docker, Vagrant, etc.
• Experience with build automation technologies like Maven, Jenkins, etc.
• Experience with building APIs and services using REST, SOAP, etc.
• Experience with scripting languages like Perl, Shell, etc.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics
USA - Scottsdale - Pima Road - Affirm Entertainment
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d93897-18-206-238-77-42 in your application.
Sony Pictures' global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.