Insights Manager, Forecasting
London, United Kingdom
Senior Product Manager, Digital (6 Month Fixed Term Contract)
At Sony Pictures Television (SPT) Networks we are defining and delivering the digital strategy for Kids TV brands such as POP, Tiny Pop and Pop Max as well as for our Entertainment and Movie channels.
The Senior Product Manager will be responsible for the commercial delivery, strategic direction, budget management, creative direction and product development across our non-linear platforms for our UK children's and entertainment brands, including mobile and TV apps and websites.
You will have experience of managing a team and will be comfortable and confident in managing critical stakeholder relationships. You enjoy working proactively to identify opportunities, solve problems and manage external agencies
This is an exciting opportunity to work on digital products where you can use the TV to help drive traffic but at the same time develop products that are commercially successful in their own right.
The digital products are important to support the TV channels but are ultimately there to make money from advertising and sponsorship. You will have experience of supporting ad sales teams who are tasked with selling inventory as well as implementing ad tags and maximising ad inventory and opportunities.
The websites, mobile and TV apps we currently operate are tinypop.com, popfun.co.uk, the POP Player (available on PS4, Youview and Freesat) and the POP Fun mobile app.
Responsibilities / Execution:
• Monetisation - Build strong relationships with our digital advertising sales agencies to ensure the commercial viability of all digital products, implementing unique sponsorship opportunities and setting up new revenue streams. Diligently report revenues to stakeholders in the business
• Budget – Oversee digital budgets; managing digital P&L and planning new expenditure
• Strategy - Remain up to date on key developments in the market, highlighting challenges and identify opportunities around existing and new technologies and platforms
• UX - Review and refine the Information Architecture (IA) and overall UX (user experience) to ensure optimal performance
• UGC - Develop user-generated content tools which encourage a 360° experience with our TV channels and digital portfolio
• Leadership - Directly manage and lead a small team of Digital Content Producers in the creation and commissioning of innovative and engaging content (e.g. games)
• Project Management - Ensure day-to-day updates and large scale projects appeal and interest the audience, and are delivered to tight deadlines and budgets
• On-Air Promotion - Drive usage through the production of powerful on-air promotions and stunts.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Typically, five years' experience developing and evolving successful consumer focused website and/or mobile apps, with 2 or more years of people management experience
• Commercially minded with experience of developing and delivering digital revenues
• Proven ability to take ownership and manage multiple projects, prioritise and deliver results
• Conversant with different ad-serving, video, CMS and UGC moderation platform and technologies; comfortable coordinating between different internal and external teams to solve problems
• Experienced with regulatory parameters, in particular around the collection of children's data and targeted advertising
• Knowledge of API usage and web application hosting
• Understanding of Google Analytics
• Able to manage and control budgets effectively
• Experience of games and short-form video production and management would be advantageous but not essential
• Experience with Jira/Asana or similar collaboration tools
• A user-centered design approach to understanding audience needs and validating solutions
• Experience within children's media would be advantageous but not essential - however an interest in the area is essential
• A good understanding of SEO techniques
• Excellent presentation, communication, and influencing skills
Please note that this role is based in the United Kingdom. In order to enable us to meet statutory and regulatory obligations of the United Kingdom immigration system you must have the appropriate immigration permission needed to work and reside in the United Kingdom.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures. No worker or potential worker will therefore receive less favourable treatment due to his or her race, age, creed, sexual orientation, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, religion, gender, marital status or Trade Union membership (if applicable).
GBR - London - Brunel Building
Sony Pictures' global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.