Staff Software Engineer - Gameplay - League Of Legends
Senior Manager, Technology (APAC)
The SPE Digital Policy function is part of the Sony Pictures Corporate Technology Development team (TechDev). The TechDev team supports all distribution business of SPE including Theatrical distribution, Home Entertainment, Television Distribution and Television Networks. The Digital Policy function is responsible for developing and applying policy on content protection, digital rights management and usage models across all of SPE's content distribution methods and partners worldwide and conducting technical reviews to enforce that policy. The Digital Policy function also involves participation in relevant content protection standards, regulatory bodies and industry associations.
Based in Singapore, the Senior Manager, Technology (APAC) will support the business in the application of SPE Digital Policy across all Home Entertainment and Television distribution in the APAC Region. This role will contribute to the continuous development and enforcement of a robust distribution policy and research related technologies. In this role you will keep business and legal teams abreast of the latest trends in technologies related to content protection and digital distribution.
• Function as the primary support for business and legal teams in the application of SPE Digital Policy (and content protection requirements) across all home entertainment and television distribution in the APAC region.
• Perform technical reviews of licensee's distribution platforms to ensure conformance to SPE Digital Policy
• Maintain a searchable repository of distribution deal documents and policy exceptions.
• Build and maintain a good working relationship with technical counterparts at key clients in the region.
• Research and present findings on specific technologies or circumvention methods impacting digital distribution
• Participate in technical standards organizations as needed
• Organize demos and presentations of new technologies of interest
Required Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of and technical ability to evaluate content security, digital rights management (DRM) systems and digital distribution technologies
• Ability to read, understand, and edit technical sections of legal documents.
• Attention to detail
• Good communication and negotiation skills
• Reliable, trustworthy, maintain confidentiality and observe the company's anti-trust and other key policies.
• Proficiency in written and spoken Mandarin is a plus.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
• Undergraduate degree in computer science/engineering or related technical field
• Typically 10 years of experience in a technology-oriented role
• At least 3 years of experience with digital distribution technologies, DRM, content protection and security technologies
• Prior experience implementing Conditional Access Systems preferred
• Prior experience with technical standards organizations such as China DRM is a plus
• Prior experience with and/or knowledge of the chipset industry is a plus
SGP - Offsite/Home/Remote - SPENA
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6p3v8-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.
Sony Pictures' global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.