AVOD Channel Manager
Culver City, CA
Senior Manager, Strategic Analysis & Commercial Partnerships
Sony Pictures Entertainment is looking for a strong candidate to join our team as a Senior Manager, Strategic Analysis & Commercial Partnerships to help further optimization of Consumer-Driven Business Models (ad-based, subscriber-based, and transactional).
What will be your mission?
At Sony Pictures, our mission is to connect relevant movie and TV series content to consumers and audiences across transactional, subscription and linear viewing platforms.
Our content includes franchise brands such as Spiderman, Jumanji, Ghostbusters and Venom, through to TV franchises such as Breaking Bad, Blacklist and The Good Doctor.
Our team is responsible for aggregating millions of consumer data points to best in class predictive models, consumer trends systems, recommendation engines and more – all geared toward building data products, visualization tools and insights platforms that will predict audience preferences and behavior to drive growth of engagement and consumption of our content on our Digital Channels, to drive ad-based and transactional revenues, and to drive license fees for Sony movies and series.
In this position, the Senior Manager will be responsible for delivering audience-level analytics and digital media viewing engagement to answer strategic business questions focusing on our Consumer-Driven Business Models and traditional lines of business.
You will be reporting to the VP of Strategic Analysis & Tools.
Who are you?
You have a strong analytical background, and a demonstrated ability to summarize the complex into simple, cohesive and digestible findings, stories and recommendations.
You are well versed in performing data analysis across 1st, 2nd and 3rd party data, digital media analysis, have experience designing A/B Tests, and develop simple, flexible and meaningful visualizations and interfaces where data is used to tell a story that drives actionable insights for our Digital Channel platforms and beyond.
You frame and organize analyses in ways that anticipate follow-on questions and deep dives, but that also allow for easy interpretation of your findings. As such, you appreciate that well-organized, clear, simple visualization techniques and distilled analytics are critical in engaging business users in a culture where data is democratized, accessible and easily interpreted.
You are comfortable working within two environments: in a fast-paced start-up-like environment as we launch new Digital channels, and in a large and well-established distribution organization. You analyze large and diverse data sets, with a focus on consumer-level journeys across and within digital channels.
You thrive in a collaborative environment and are comfortable driving project-based deliverables with internal stakeholder groups and with external companies. You dive into projects and quickly come up to speed to on existing processes in order to build, maintain & enhance tools we've created for our Distribution, Sales and Marketing colleagues. And you frame / re-frame resulting insights so that they are relevant to these different internal audiences and their nuanced roles and responsibilities.
You are a data visualization expert who will build appealing, understandable visualizations to enhance our dashboards. You have a strong portfolio and a demonstrated ability to analyze large and diverse data sets and communicate findings with clear and compelling visualizations. You are innately curious with a passion for up-skilling and learning to ensure our analyses are methodologically sound and leverage software packages that enable rapid iteration and scale. This passion for learning applies to how you engage with business partners, as understanding the nuances of their roles often informs our analysis and enables more actionable outputs.
What will you do?
You will work primarily with our Audience AVOD Network, Data Science, Data Management, and Business Intelligence teams, and our diverse users in the TV distribution business to provide 4 primary functions:
Find, profile, and measure engagement of audiences
• Drive new insights, recommendations, and action plans for audiences of our Television Shows and Films through consumer analytics, data exploration, visualization and data story-telling.
• Analyze user-level data across consumer viewership datasets to identify consumer insights, trends and business opportunities in the US and Internationally
• Assess patterns in preferences, behaviors and consumer viewing journeys
• Analyze relationships between titles commercially and thematically to inform audience outreach and management
• Provide ongoing insight on how consumers' behaviors drive broad trends across our portfolios of digital channels/ assets and with our digital and linear/cable clients
• Collaborate to build out decision-based framework utilizing data to empower our stakeholders with data and insights
• Productionalize & maintain dashboards for consistent availability and performance
• Maintain and update A/B consumer-level reports for past and upcoming title launches to demonstrate either transactional sales impact or increase in viewership for clients
• Identify, analyze, and support Closed Loop measurement and reporting opportunities working cross-functionally, with eye toward driving real-time action off reports' insights
Scenario modeling and project-based analyses
• Inform Campaign, Title, and or Initiative scenario modeling and ROI analyses to assess risk/opportunity tied to immediate- and near-term actions
• Support new offers/value propositions to consumers through various data analysis
Analysis and Project management
• In partnership with Channel, Commercial and Marketing teams, consider, create, maintain, and support quantitative decision-making tools/models that expand upon or expedite decision making
• Focus on Impact, clearly scoping projects before embarking on analysis/development. Define analysis goals, KPIs and the calculations needed for measurement, and frame them clearly and simply such that all involved parties can align
• Perform sophisticated hypothesis-driven analysis with only broad oversight
• Use Agile principles across all phases of the analysis and visualization development life cycle, including helping to manage and report on the project's progress, as necessary.
• Demonstrated experience working with consumer-level data to define groups of individual consumers with propensity to engage, then serve offers matched to their preferences
• Demonstrated experience within entertainment or consumer packaged goods industry, collaborating with both internal and external sales and management teams
• Demonstrated experience with channel analysis and understanding of AVOD platforms (such as YouTube, Roku, or other similar digital platform)
• Demonstrated experience in social media data and how they can be applied to demonstrate organic demand for Film and TV shows
• Demonstrated experience in Closed Loop reporting and A/B testing techniques
• Proficiency in Digital and Email Marketing campaign terminology, setup, management and optimization, KPIs and measurement
• Demonstrated desire and ability to self-learn and up-skill: must have a strong interest to learn and use new software which improves work efficiency and output
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ab
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7ewq9-3-236-239-91-42 in your application.
Sony Pictures' global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.