Culver City, CA
Senior Manager, Information Security Operations
The Security Operations (SecOps) Sr. Manager is responsible for overseeing the day to day operations of SPE's security technologies, both on-prem and cloud. The position works closely with InfoSec and Information Technology to ensure the correct and efficient operation of security systems. The desired candidate possesses a deep and diverse technical background in a variety of tools, platforms, and services. This position is responsible for leading multiple staff members. Excellent people and time management skills are critical to success in the position. Additionally, this position works with information security peers to identify and make recommendations to the Information Security Executive Director to improve Sony Pictures' security posture.
Reporting to the Director of Cyber Security Operations, the Security Operations Sr. Manger is responsible for managing SPE's information security technology, security operations staff and vendor management.
• Function as a SME for the SecOps team
• Maintain high security configurations while balancing risk and customer impact
• Ensure operational SLAS and KPIs are met
• Vendor management
• Work closely with InfoSec team to evaluate and implement new technologies
• Work closely with IT staff to coordinate changes and enhancements to the SPE security technology
• Ensure Security Operations procedures are documented and followed
• Maintain expert level knowledge of security tools and configurations
• Recommendation changes for security enhancements
• Project management
• Produce routine status reports
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent working experience
• 5+ years of experience in security operations
• 3+ years managing a team and vendor relationships
• 2 years managing IT / InfoSec systems and technology
• 2 years in a role requiring project management skills
• Excellent communication skills (report writing and briefings)
• 2 or more years in a customer service role
• 2 or more years supporting network devices
• 2 or more years troubleshooting servers and workstations
• 2 or more years working with malware or in an Incident Response role
• Strong cloud knowledge: primarily AWS
• GCP is a 'nice to have'
• Azure is a 'very nice to have'
• Good understanding of operating systems: Linux and Windows
• Familiarity with end point agents and troubleshooting
• One or more of the following technical certifications: AWS or other recognized cloud certification, Microsoft MCSE / MCP, SANs GIAC, or other technical certifications
The Ideal Candidate:
• Has a positive, can-do attitude
• Has a strong ability to mentor and teach
• Works constructively with other teams both within and outside of InfoSec
• Ability to self-teach and quickly learn technologies they may not be familiar with
• Has the ability to think outside the box and problem-solve
• Takes initiative
• Takes on new responsibilities and influences others as needed to deliver consistent results
• Has strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
• Innovates and stays current on security technologies and concepts
• Manages multiple requirements and deliverable simultaneously
• Has prior experience leading an operations team
• Experience with offshore resources a plus
• Manages multiple requirements and deliverables simultaneously
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm5ebv-3-236-222-124-42 in your application.
Sony Pictures' global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.