Finance Rotational Associate Program, Summer
Culver City, CA
Senior Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
Sony Pictures Entertainment is seeking a Senior Manager to join home office finance team in Los Angeles that handles consolidated financial reporting and FP&A for multiple businesses in pay TV, distribution & direct-to-consumer business. This position will focus on all home office finance need for Funimation Global Group (FGG) and Sony Pictures Entertainment India (SPNI), including actual month end financial reporting, performance review, budget, forecast, mid-range plans, management KPI reporting and coordination with operations & local finance teams as well as special projects, ad hoc and management analysis & reporting for existing and new business ventures.
The individual will work closely local finance teams to translate the incredible amount of data into financial decisions. Focusing on strategy & analysis in order to evaluate business performance and partnering closely with local and home office management who depend heavily on the strategic financial insights in order to make critical business decisions across the company.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, preparing, analyzing, and reviewing operations' financial information for actual, budget and forecast reporting as well as consolidation FP&A for all businesses that is rolled up into the current group.
• Home office owner of consolidation of various businesses and all finance related matters focusing on FGG & SPNI that include coordination, review and analysis of monthly actual month end close, budget, forecast, COFA approvals and production of the monthly home office KPI, actual variance reporting and management reporting;
• Analyze flash, actual, budget and forecast information submitted by local operations and prepare financial templates for consolidation reporting and analysis;
• Participate and help SPE accounting team in monthly close process, including performing corresponding analysis to ensure that all financial information is recorded accurately to reflect the business performance, provide insightful information to management and aligned with business & finance policies;
• Collaborate, build and maintain strong relationships with local finance and management teams, accounting group, global tax office and various internal/external groups;
• Assist in providing insightful analyses, reports and presentations on relevant operating and financial metrics in an easy-to-understand format to senior executives to influence decision-making
• Be an integral part of the Finance team and help structure/improve Finance processes
• Develop and oversee monthly financial and operational reporting deck for management;
• Efficiently work with cross-functional teams to identify financial drivers & maintain the highest level of data quality;
• Assess and evaluate financial performance of organization with regard to operational strategic goals, identification of opportunities and mitigate risks and collaborate with senior management to set KPIs
• Develop and maintain long-term company financial model, perform sensitivity analysis, build scenario cases for strategic planning;
• Design, develop, implement and improve processes related to budgeting, forecasting, actual financial reporting and analysis in high growth business
• Conduct analysis of key business/financial drivers, performance indicators, internal development efforts, industry trends, competitive landscape and other defined assumptions to provide value-added inputs to help decision making in executing strategy
• 5+ years of finance experience in public and/or private/management consulting/banking experience required
• Prior experience in Digital Media/Entertainment/technology/digital space is a plus, but not a prerequisite
• Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or other relevant field that demonstrates quantitative orientation
• MBA preferred, not required
• Strong understanding of accounting guidelines (IFRS)
• High proficiency with MS Excel & PowerPoint with excellent modeling skill
• Experience in ERP system (i.e. SAP) is a plus, but not a prerequisite
• Ability to work with all departments of company - multi-cultural workforce
• Collaborative, good team player and ability to flex style and approach
• Highly analytical and strong, effective communicator
• Critical thinking & demonstrated experience in problem solving, making decisions influenced by data and business insights utilizing financial modeling
• Great judgement and decisiveness when dealing with deadline-driven, finance-related issues and concerns
• Think outside the box & challenge status quo when required by highlighting new trends, improving existing processes or are open to sourcing those ideas from others
• Thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, focus on generating results and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics
• Team player, upbeat, and focused, with a strong passion to learn and succeed
• A strong comfort level with analyzing large datasets and drawing meaningful conclusions/results that add value to the business
• Adept at writing, facilitating and presenting analyses
• Excellent relationship management abilities/strong interpersonal communication skills
• Excellent organization skills, acute attention to detail, ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced and time sensitive environment
• Strong follow-through on all projects; ability to bring projects to timely completion with proven track record of meeting deadlines, and taking initiative to make confident and well-informed decisions
• Possess a ''can-do'' attitude for all situations, no task too big or too small to handle
Funimation creates extraordinary anime experiences for tens of millions of people around the world every day. For over 25 years, Funimation has been the market leader, serving a passionate fan community whenever, and wherever they want it. We deliver the best that anime has to offer across television, feature films, events, retail, merchandise and, of course, the Funimation subscription app, which is available on 15 platforms in 47 countries. Our culture is high-energy and our approach is deeply customer-obsessed, with top talent from across the full spectrum of media, tech, gaming and entertainment. With over 400 employees in 6 countries, Funimation is rapidly expanding.
Sony Pictures Entertainment India celebrated its 25th year of operations in India, delivering entertainment across India territory through 24 channels and direct to consumer platform covering various different genres: general entertainment, regional content, sports, Hindi & English movies, factual entertainment and kids entertainment. The business also has production function for movie, TV & digital production as well as Studio NEXT, the independent production venture for original content and IPs for TV and digital media. SPN reaches out to over 700 million viewers in India and is available in 167 countries.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Sony Pictures' global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.