Senior Financial Analyst - TV Networks
Sony Pictures Television, Networks Finance Division, is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst for its Culver City office. This position, reporting into the Finance Manager, is accountable for all aspects of FP&A and home office responsibilities for Game Show Network (leader in game show entertainment with original, classic and skill-based competitive mobile games and game shows in top 30 rated cable networks), Pure Flix (subscription video-on-demand leader in selecting and streaming faith and family- friendly media) and Sony Pictures Games for award-winning mobile game titles such as Wheel of Fortunes, Jeopardy!, and Who Wants to be a Millionaire.
We're looking for an Excel-savvy SFA who can demonstrate strong financial modeling & analytical skills and has great attention to detail under competing deadlines. The person would strive in creating and reviewing financial analysis that merges monthly actuals with meaningful projections and presenting the report to management. The role will work hand-in-hand with the overseas accounting shared services as well as the home office finance consolidation team. This role will report to the Finance Manager.
• Analyze and submit monthly financial results and forecast from local finance teams to SPT consolidated reporting as well as completing any topside adjusting entries and the variance analysis versus budget
• Support annual budget, quarterly forecasts, and multiple-year Mid-Range Plans for multiple lines of business including but not limited to: maintaining Excel workbooks, meeting with operations for updates, understanding business contracts, analyzing supporting data, and submitting forecast templates
• Assist in providing insightful analyses, reports and presentations on relevant operating and financial metrics in an easy-to-understand format to senior executives to influence decision-making
• Work closely with onsite and offshore accounting and reporting teams to ensure accuracy and full understanding of the monthly financial and variance explanation
• Review monthly programming amortization and impairment analysis with accounting
• Update and analyze the lifetime value model and create monthly report with operations
• Prepare ad hoc financial analysis
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with operations and corporate management
• Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field
• 5+ years of combination of finance & accounting experience. Public accounting, management consulting or banking experience is a plus.
• Prior experience in Digital Media/Entertainment/technology/digital space is a plus, but not a prerequisite
• High proficiency with MS Excel & PowerPoint with excellent modeling skill
• Ability to work with high volume of data from multiple sources and workbooks.
• Proficient in working with high volume of data from multiple sources and workbooks.
• Experience in ERP system (i.e. SAP) is a plus, but not a prerequisite
• Proven performance in attention to details and know how to detect and avoid errors
• Strong sense of urgency when needed and efficiency in time-management
• Ability to bring projects to timely completion with minimal supervision
• Keep an open mind for process improvement and embracing changes
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, teamwork environment
• Self-motivated and a ''get it done'' attitude and approach
• Working knowledge of IFRS accounting guidelines
• Strong communication skills especially with non-Finance individuals
• Think outside the box & challenge status quo when required by highlighting new trends, improving existing processes or are open to sourcing those ideas from others
• Thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, focus on generating results and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics
• Team player, upbeat, and focused, with a strong passion to learn and succeed
• A strong comfort level with analyzing large datasets and drawing meaningful conclusions/results that add value to the business
• Adept at writing, facilitating and presenting analyses
• Excellent relationship management abilities/strong interpersonal communication skills
• Excellent organization skills, acute attention to detail, ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced and time sensitive environment
• Strong follow-through on all projects; ability to bring projects to timely completion with proven track record of meeting deadlines, and taking initiative to make confident and well-informed decisions
• Possess a ''can-do'' attitude for all situations, no task too big or too small to handle
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d87opq-34-204-180-223-42 in your application.