Senior Manager, Reporting & Analytics, FP&A
Culver City, CA
Senior Financial Analyst, Television Production Finance
Sony Pictures Television (SPT) is one of the television industry's leading content providers, producing, distribution and carrying programming worldwide in every genre and for every platform. The TV production financial planning and analysis (FP&A) team sits at the nexus of financial information for SPT. The FP&A team builds financial forecasts, maintains TV ultimates for all of SPT's domestic productions, and supports business affairs and senior management in deal negotiations and business analysis. In pursuit of these goals, the FP&A team liaises with other finance groups within the organization, such as production finance, distribution finance, audit, accounting, technical accounting, billings, corporate reporting, and residuals, as well non-finance groups like the creative, business affairs, and programming teams. The team is looking for a Sr. Financial Analyst to report directly to the Director, TV Production FP&A.
• Responsible for participating in the financial planning process, including producing reports and consolidating– for the entire US TV Production Division. This includes mid-range plan, quarterly forecast, and budget processes
• Build and maintain series Ultimates for purposes of financial reporting and planning in accordance with GAAP and ASC 926
• Interact with accounting function to ensure Ultimates and other FP&A deliverables are in line with close requirements
• Maintain appropriate controls within the planning and ultimate process as required by Sarbanes Oxley
• Work closely with distribution divisions to understand distribution Ultimates along with annual revenue and cost
• Perform Ad Hoc analysis at management request
• Develop and implement processes to leverage existing tools and streamline workflows.
• Complete special projects for operations and finance as necessary.
• BS/BA degree with accounting/finance focus required
• 3+ years public accounting or Entertainment industry finance/accounting experience required.
• Hands on experience with ultimate accounting in accordance with ASC 926 preferred
• CPA and/or MBA preferred
• Entertainment experience preferred
• SAP or Essbase knowledge preferred
• Strong MS Excel skills required
• Ability to quickly grasp new concepts and problem solve
• Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects
• Strong accounting / GAAP knowledge
• Detail-oriented with strong organizational, analytical and PC skills
• Ability to work well with others in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with all levels of management
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Sony Pictures' global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.