Content and User Experience Manager, Procurement
Culver City, CA
Senior Financial Analyst, Enterprise Financial Reporting
Sony Pictures Entertainment's Enterprise Financial Reporting group is seeking a talented Senior Financial Analyst to join the team. The team is devoted to achieving ''Efficiency'', ''Value Creation'', ''Collaboration'' and ''Reporting Excellence'' in the daily workflow. The ideal individual will assist with the monthly consolidation and reporting of SPE's financial results (Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow) and management reporting. Reporting encompasses both internal reports to senior management and external reports to Sony Tokyo to facilitate evaluation of potential growth opportunities, decision-making for resource allocations, and the overall execution of SPE's strategic vision.
1. Assist with the period financial closing process of SPE, consolidate and review monthly divisional submissions. Example activities include:
• Prepare Management Reports and supplemental schedules (e.g. the Management Book, Cashflow Report) to facilitate management reporting.
• Prepare monthly topside adjustments/reclassification entries
• Monitor and help resolve SPE intercompany imbalances and Sony Affiliates imbalances
• Coordinate/communicate with the divisional finance groups to ensure timely, accurate, and complete reporting of financial information
• Prepare quarterly financial statement disclosures schedules and communication of the reporting requirements to divisions (e.g. disclosure forms and earnings release)
• Perform analysis of financials and assist in responding to inquiries from SCA and Sony Tokyo on the financial results of SPE
• Preparing quarterly governmental reporting
• Coordinate documentation requests with internal and external audit/compliance teams.
2. Assist with financial reporting special projects and ad-hoc requests. Example activities include:
• Assist with the maintenance of SPE's chart of accounts and profit center/segment reporting hierarchies.
• Enhance financial reports generated from BW/4 and communicate with SAP Reporting team about updates request and UAT results
• Coordinate/communicate with SAP technical team regarding resolution of SAP BW/4 (SAP Business Warehouse) and BPC11 (SAP Consolidation System) software problems/questions
• Assist with streamlining and improving the consolidation process
• Support ad-hoc requests from the management, legal, technical accounting and Sony Tokyo
• B.S./B.A. – Accounting, Business, Finance or Economics
• C.P.A. (or equivalent) is preferred
• 2+ years of experience
• Understanding of the financial reporting process and experience with financial statement analysis
• Detail oriented, with excellent analytical, organizational, decision making and problem-solving skills
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and take the ownership of assignment
• Advanced Excel proficiency, including; the ability to structure complex queries, comfortable working with large volumes of data to perform analysis and reconciliations.
• Strong cross function communication and interpersonal skills.
• SAP/BPC/BW systems knowledge
• Self-motivated, team player.
Preferred, not required:
• Entertainment experience
• Public Accounting experience
• knowledge of advanced excel functionality (VBA Macros, etc.)
Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Sony Pictures' global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.