Senior Designer, Global Creative Content
Senior Designer, Creative Content, Presentation Design Focus
Global Creative Content is the production arm of the studio marketing team that also services businesses across Sony Pictures. We service a diverse array of internal Sony Pictures Entertainment partners and projects including Sony Pictures Television Distribution and Domestic syndication, Theatrical Marketing, Home Entertainment, Sony Electronics, Pureflix, Sony Bravia, Corporate Communications etc. This position reports into the department lead and collaborates with other Creative Content team members across disciplines.
Global Creative Content is looking for an outstanding mid-senior level Graphic Designer, with extensive knowledge of PowerPoint and keynote, to deliver superb on-screen storytelling for our content partners, the world's leading film studios and streamers including Netflix, Amazon, HBOMax and Disney+.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Creation of Sales deck pitches and presentations for new and existing television IP.
• Research assets, select photography and mask images for design team usage.
• Support design team concepts with initial comp stage builds.
• Make art/copy revisions on existing comps and adapt creative to other sizes and formats.
• Concept and execute key art or platform product art for theatrical and TV/streaming show releases.
• Render type for title treatment explorations.
• Design and prepare pitch materials for client presentations including eblasts, static platform artwork and adaptive compositions.
• Prep final digital files and shot maps for client delivery.
• Have the ability to quality check incoming key art from other platforms and update to various Intl specs per SPT DAM requirements.
75% Ideates and executes strategic design solutions specifically in regard to series' sales materials and decks. Must be able to work as a team member, but also be a resourceful self-starter. Must be able to see projects from concept through execution unsupervised. Projects include but not limited to: Sales decks, key art, logos, press-kits, social content, banner creation, branding explorations etc. Must possess a deep understanding of traditional graphic design and have experience in entertainment. Proficient working knowledge of Abobe Creative Suite required. Excellent compositing skills, illustration, typography, color correction, retouching often required.
10% This person is a great communicator and is punctual. They maintain an efficient workflow and process and promptly communicates any issues regarding design and production to management. Manages assets and archives projects accordingly and understands delivery.
10% Exhibit willingness to take on responsibilities outside of his/her job description and has the ability to respond to business demands in a fast-paced environment. Presents a positive and professional attitude to stakeholders and co-workers. Is non-plussed when projects get moved or go in a different direction, not driven by ego.
5% Maintain familiarity with entertainment design trends and the relevance of fast and slow trends. Exhibits an innate sense of curiosity. Has a clear, informed creative opinion but is able to see and demonstrate others' vision as well.
Work Experience Requirements (Must-Have)
• 5 to 7 years in high volume design or agency environment
• Strong proficiency using Adobe Creative Suite, PowerPoint, Keynote
• Strong experience in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
• Ability to manage projects from concept through execution unsupervised
• Passionate about original, acquired and library content and branding initiatives
• Ability to work flexible hours when needed
• Takes direction and constructive feedback well and can perform assigned tasks in a timely and productive manner.
• Ability to articulate creative ideas and ''sell'' your work to a group of your peers.
• A positive attitude that contributes to the overall success of a collaborative environment.
• Good creative problem-solving skills with the desire to learn and assist others on your team.
• A relevant online portfolio or PDF of your current work, showcasing strong conceptual, design and typography skills.
Preferred Requirements (Nice-to-Have)
• Experience with print production mechanicals a huge plus.
• Experience and portfolio with social and toolkit assets.
• Experience or exposure to editorial, live action, 2D, 3D and VEFX is a plus
• Desire to learn animation to create GFX packages from static imagery.
• Desire to grow into key art exploration
Bachelor Degree in Fine Art, Graphic Design or Digital Design or equivalent experience.
Creativity, team oriented, ability to think strategically, innovation, ability to multi-task, communication skills, time management and prioritization skills a must
In addition to having a passion for all types of content, this individual also has their finger on the pulse of pop culture and social trends in design, marketing and advertising. They are interested in entering, creating and sustaining an informed dialogue with the fan base from existing platforms as well as discovering additional avenues to engage new audiences specifically regarding social content creation.
About Global Creative Content
Global Creative Content is an internal hub for multi-discipline creative work for the Sony Pictures Entertainment marketing group. We are producers, editors, designers, writers, small and big picture thinkers focused on creating cutting edge assets that surround our entertainment properties to create lasting cultural impact. Put simply, we work with our global marketers and clients to find a creative solution to any marketing challenge.
We have a producer mindset and bring our innate sense of urgency and considerable experience to bear on any production need big or small. You can find us on film and TV sets, talent interviews, massive content days, audience reaction screenings, press junkets, events and everything in between. Capturing assets to serve the needs of our film and TV marketing and sales lifecycle is a big part of our mandate and where it all begins.
Leveraging close proximity to our IP, filmmakers and showrunners, we strategize and execute creative solutions with our captured or acquired assets ranging from; short vignettes and TV specials, motion posters, sizzle reels, talent soundbites, key art, presentation decks, TV spots, VR/AR experiences, branding packages, social assets and much more. We scale to meet the needs of the business and work with top tier talent internally and externally to bring the highest standards to our work.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9xvbk-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.