Financial Analyst, Global Finance Operations
Culver City, CA
Job Title: Senior Auditor
Department: Risk and Control Department.
Accountable for completing areas assigned for a wide range of financial, operational, integrated SOX audits and ad-hoc projects at Risk and Control Department responsible for SPE's global operations. Working closely with Audit Manager and Director of Risk and Control Department at SPE.
• Assist the Manager in completing audit planning.
• Complete assigned areas for Audits, SOX, and projects. Work closely with the Manager to address any questions and issues timely.
• Demonstrate professional skepticism during audits and critical assessment of audit evidence.
• Complete assigned tasks by the provided deadlines. Communicate any delays to the Manager.
• Identify key controls and identify when there are control weaknesses (in the design or operating effectiveness of the control) or control gaps.
• Execute audit test plans (narrative, walkthrough, testing as applicable) for assigned areas effectively and timely.
• Assist in preparing audit reports that accurately summarize the most significant control weaknesses and resulting impacts to the organization.
• Identify issues or SOX deficiencies for the areas assigned to you. Make sure the issues and SOX deficiencies are supported and confirmed.
• Prepare thorough and well-organized workpapers
• Continuously update the Manager about the status of the audit areas you are assigned to.
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience in audit or relevant experience
• Understanding of internal controls approach, SOX/COSO practices and US GAAP
• Competency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word
• Experience with data analytics (and tools)
• Foreign language proficiency a plus
• Media or Entertainment industry experience is also a plus
• BS/BA in Business, Accounting/Finance or related field
• CPA or CIA preferred
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbo49x-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.
Sony Pictures' global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.