Senior Analyst, Technical Accounting
The Senior Analyst position will be responsible for assisting the Technical Accounting department with support of day-to-day research and documentation of Sony Pictures Entertainment's (SPE) accounting policies to ensure International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) compliance. The Technical Accounting department has many ongoing and ad hoc requirements.
• Drafting Accounting Memos in support of the directional IFRS accounting positions for management and audit review/approval based on IFRS and Research for predetermined accounting topics.
• Collaborating with lines of business SMEs to understand each line of business (LOB)current accounting practices and develop future state practices that align with IFRS technical accounting positions drafted in the Accounting Memos.
• Supporting senior team members in accounting research, modeling and contract reviews.
• Creating process, controls and other project documentation in close coordination with various stakeholders.
• Educating Finance personnel as necessary to comply with corporate policies and IFRS and performing research on technical accounting questions accordingly.
• Creating required internal documentation of evaluated transactions/accounting issues noting compliance and/or resolution.
• Ability to take ownership of multiple workstreams, work independently and meet the associated deadlines.
• Supporting IFRS activities in coordination with, SPE personnel, and external auditors.
• Other responsibilities include: contract reviews, resolving technical accounting issues/questions, coordinating with stakeholders, drafting white papers and updating SPE's accounting policies, such as for newly issued IFRS.
• 3+ years in an accounting role, public or technical accounting
• BS/BA – Finance/Accounting, or Business-related degree
• CPA (or equivalent) is preferred but not required
• Accounting guidance research and documentation (i.e., US GAAP, IFRS)
• Preparation of process and controls documentation
• Good stakeholder management
• Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills
• Strong MS Suite and analytical skills
• Self-motivated team player
• Entertainment Industry exposure
• Experience with IFRS (previous experience in IFRS is not mandatory to apply for this position)
• Exposure to Agile/Scrum
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbnpqx-18-205-192-201-42 in your application.