Senior Analyst, Finance Transformation
Sony Pictures Entertainment is looking for a Senior Analyst to help drive the transformation of the finance function across all SPE Business Units and functions including Motion Pictures, Television, Networks, Corporate Functions, Development, Marketing, and Distribution. Working as part of Finance Transformation, this individual will join a team of change-agents who act as an in-house consulting arm to the Finance Organization. This role will provide consultative and project management support across a portfolio of projects that improve the reporting, planning, and analytical capabilities across the company. This individual will leverage their finance, technology, and consulting skills to partner with senior executives from finance, technology, and operations to advance the company's analytical and decision-making capability.
The Senior Analyst will play a key role in supporting the transformation of the global Finance function at Sony Pictures by: analyzing and enhancing the impact of proposed and ongoing initiatives; identifying new analytical approaches to solving business issues and delivering insights; identifying, understanding, and highlighting risks and dependencies for transformation projects; identifying value added opportunities and promoting them as projects.
The ideal candidate will at their core be someone who loves problem solving, who enjoys the challenge of tackling complex and ambiguous problems as part of a team. The candidate will value decision-making information and the art of finding the most efficient means to deliver that information to all levels of the organization.
Specific responsibilities of the Senior Analyst may include:
• Acting as a project facilitator and lead on projects focused on process redesign and system implementations.
• Mapping and assessing current state of teams, systems, and processes
• Defining and structuring a business problem and its root causes using a variety of tools including Word, PowerPoint, and Visio.
• Leading meetings with key stakeholders to drive projects forward
• Ongoing presentation of findings to senior management, making recommendations based on analysis and trends
• Owning the cost-benefit and other models that examine the economic impact for finance transformation projects
• Designing more streamlined and value-added go-forward processes for SPE's Finance departments
• Understanding current financial analyses and developing more insightful and more efficient approaches
• Identifying opportunities to include incremental market or operational data that could be used to better inform analyses
• Supporting individual projects with data analysis needs
• Supporting the office of the CFO in special projects, including assisting in the planning and preparation of materials for strategic Finance Organization initiatives
• Conducting ad hoc analyses at the request of senior executives
• BA/BS degree in an analytics discipline required, a degree or substantial coursework in business, accounting, finance, consulting, systems engineering, or entertainment
• Minimum 2 years of experience in an analytical role, such as in management consulting, accounting, financial planning, or financial services.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to interface effectively at all levels of an organization
• High proficiency in developing and presenting PowerPoint decks that explain complex problems, solutions, and initiatives.
• Proficiency in project management and facilitation –structuring discussion, prioritizing work, setting timelines, and identifying and removing roadblocks
• Fundamental understanding of Financial Planning and Accounting systems, reports, models, and processes
• Proficiency in reviewing complex financial reports and models; Intermediate skill in building more simplified financial models
• Desire to identify and solve problems that improve corporate processes and achieve business strategies
• Must have strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills, an inquisitive mindset, and ability to think strategically
• Extraordinarily high level of motivation, self-reliance, and commitment to working diligently and overcoming obstacles to continually add value to the team.
• Agile or project management experience a plus
• Great team player, willingness to work effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
• Expertise with multiple analytic tools and demonstrably high technological aptitude: advanced Excel is a must; experience with SQL, R, Python, VBA, SAP BPC, PowerBI, Jira, Tableau, Alteryx, etc. a plus
• High level of focus on work quality and attention to detail
The anticipated base salary for this position is $71,000 to $94,100. This role may also qualify for annual incentive and/or comprehensive benefits. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location of the position.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1jkne-44-200-112-172-42 in your application.