AVOD Channel Manager
Culver City, CA
Senior Analyst, Data Technology & Performance Operations
Data Tech and Operation Sr. Analyst – Performance Media Group
Sony Pictures built a best-in-class data foundation and launched an in-house Digital Media Buying team. This team is entrepreneurial at its core: laying the foundation of a new internal marketing function while growing and evolving to meet the needs of Sony's business. All members are expected to come in with a start-up mentality (ambitious, hands-on, etc.) – eager to build the future digital-first workforce of Sony Pictures.
The Sr. Analyst will be responsible for hands-on operation within the following, but not limited to, environments – e.g. CRM (OSDS 3.0 and/or others) data operation and Salesforce Audience Studio (formerly Krux). In addition, he/she will be responsible to develop analytical insights based on 1st party data:
CRM Audiences Operation: The Sr. Analyst will be tasked to operate within Sony own-and-operated 1st party data platform (OSDS). He/she will be responsible for working closely with the data science group as well as any other external agencies in delivery Sony 1st party data to the designated platforms for activation. He/She will troubleshoot any technical issues to ensure smooth activation for each marketing campaign.
DMP Audiences Operation: The Sr. Analyst will be tasked to operate within a Data Management Platform (SF Audience Studio). This will include, but not limited to, collaborating with internal IT team and external agencies in tagging on Sony web & media assets pre-campaign; building/deploying audience segments based on engagement signals; performing QA, while troubleshooting any technical related issue to ensure smooth activation for each marketing campaign.
External Data Operation: The Analyst will assist the PBM team in pushing for, coordinating and troubleshooting integrations between various publishers, as well as internal partners, and Sony's DMP. He/she will assist in coordinating communications between SPE partners to the internal teams and ensure audiences data is passed seamlessly to Sony for retargeting and measurement purposes.
Audiences Activation: The Sr. Analyst will require great communication and organizational skill in assisting PBM team to communicate all audience related information to ensure a flawless audience-centric media execution, including but not limited to, developing and delivering data activation plan with PBM team; liaising between internal media team, the Performance Marketing Group (PMG), and external agencies while delivering all necessary data/material (e.g. budget).
Audience Technology: The Sr. Analyst will assist the PBM team in assessing technology platforms/data partners. This will include coordinating testing schedule with internal and agency planning teams, maintaining a schedule of all legal related projects to ensure these new partners are properly vetted with the necessary security protocols, and working with the Analytics team in establishing measurement goal (success KPIs).
Analytics & Reporting: The Sr. Analyst will collaborate with PBM team in running various pre, mid and/or post-campaign analyses, across movie release campaigns, using DMP collection & activation/performance data (e.g. Audience profiling and Audience performance report). He/She will share and present insights/findings with to larger department.
Advanced Audience Analytics: The Sr. Analyst will be involved in a variety of analytical projects spanning various data sources (including DMP data, partner sandbox, etc.). He/She will work with the data science team while sharing insights with the internal media team.
Miscellaneous: As Sony's internal data operations and performance media group grow and evolve, it will be critical for the Sr. Analyst to support the education of our internal teams (audience data capture & activation). The Analyst will support the PBM team in regular knowledge-share sessions to socialize DMP strategic updates to internal and external team.
• B.S. in Computer Science, Math, Marketing, Statistics, or related fields
• 1 to 3 years of experience in ad tech, performance media, media analytics, or data/audience marketing
• Work cross-functionally across the company, including with Media stakeholders (planning and activation), Data Scientists, IT, External vendors, and more to execute upon audience activation
• Demonstrate ability in working with Excel (PivotTables, Pivot Graph, Data Table, etc.), Word, and PowerPoint
• Experience in any DMP, DSP, social media buying platform, or data onboarding system
• Proficient in SQL with working experience is a plus
• Operate in data management and onboarding platforms
• Compiling large data sets while developing insights from the data
• Collaborating with PBM team on a variety of projects
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with different teams across the organization on deliverables
• Proficient in Excel with an analytical thought process
• Ability to juggle multiple priorities and maintain strong attention to detail
• Excellent communication and presentation skills both verbal and written
• Work under pressure and with short deadlines across multiple teams with fragmented, vertical (title-by-title) priorities
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gken18-3-214-224-207-42 in your application.
Sony Pictures' global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.