Senior Accountant, Mvp Workstream
Culver City, CA
Senior Accountant, Foundational Workstream
The Pillar II project is a Global Transformation Program spanning several years that aims to deliver a solution which meets the mandatory OECD Globe Rules and embed change to
optimize the benefits to SPE. It not only covers processes, systems, and data, it also looks at our people and the way we're
organised. The project will have a significant impact to international finance teams and will be a fundamental step change for US finance teams.
Existing SPE systems and processes were designed with an LOB (Management reporting) focus and do not adequately support the accounting, tax data collection and calculation by legal entity required under Pillar II. SPE need s to change the re lationship between Legal Entity and company code and enforce a
one-to-one mapping rule, where every legal entity is represented by a single company code.
The Pillar II project comprises
of multiple workstreams, and this is a key role in the foundational workstream , that has two phases ;
Phase one has the
o bjective to establish the relationship between legal entity and SAP company code and embellish this data as required by
other project workstreams.
Phase two will recommend actions by legal entity to ensure compliance with Pillar II requirements and the
one-to-one mapping rule. Data will be further embellished, GTO data requirements further analyzed and legal entity governance established .
The work required to gather financial P illar II data and to execute recommendations will be undertaken by other workstreams.
Core responsibilities of the role include:
• Influence and collaborate at all levels
of SPE to successfully engage and gain the sponsorship of colleagues in relation to the project and its deliverables.
• Contribute to Foundational and other workstream meetings through attendance at daily stand-ups, show and tells, retrospectives and other project meetings.
• Contribute to workstream planning and estimation
• Work effectively with functional teams across SPE, GTO , L egal and regions to:
• Complete legal entity to company code mapping and analysis
• Recommend financial accountability by Entity and confirm other legal entity and company code data points
• Lead and document accounting analysis and considerations by legal entity to align to legal entity accounting requirements (one to one mapping rule)
• Confirm recommended accounting, tax and legal actions required by legal entity to align to legal entity accounting requirements (one to one mapping rule)
• Document and justify potential process impacts associated with legal entity
or company code recommendations
• Interact with the legal entity governance process and provide justifications for recommended actions.
• Contribute to Legal entity governance structure, process, and policy development.
• Support the analysis and clarification of the finance and tax data points required by GTO
• Support the i dentif ication of source system and/or calculations for the finance and tax data points required by GTO
• Deliver incrementally to dependent workstreams
• Interact with the legal entity governance process to ensure accurate reporting of changes to company codes and legal entity statuses.
• Hold peers, team and third parties accountable to execute agreed-upon workstream decisions and commitments.
• Identify improvement opportunities to enable process efficiencies for the Foundational
or other workstreams, throughout the project life cycle .
• 10+ experience of working across a Global business within a multi-cultural corporate working environment .
• Experience of working in large scale Finance and Accounting projects/programs
• Experience in working under different project management methodologies e.g., Waterfall vs Agile (Scrum/Kanban).
• Experience of working in a shared services environment
• Appreciation of local regulatory requirements (local GAAPs, IFRS, statutory accounting)
• Experience of working in a matrix management environment
• Excellent relationship management skills – ability to work closely with a variety of constituencies including Finance and Accounting executive and technical stakeholders including IT, Legal, Tax and 3 rd party professional service firms/outsource providers
• A bility to understand and effectively deal with cultural differences
• Operate in an international dynamic, uncertain environment
• Operate to tight deadlines
• Be flexible with duties, scope and hours of work and business travel requirements
• Be a change agent
• Manage multiple projects activities simultaneously
• Be a self-starter and work using own initiative
• Effectively communicate in business English (oral and written skills) across finance and operational organization at all levels
The anticipated base salary for this position is $65,500-$86,000. This role may also qualify for annual incentive and/or comprehensive benefits. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location of the position.
USA - Culver City - Studio Lot - CA01
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvv6q7-3-227-251-94-42 in your application.
Salary Range: $65,500 to $86,000 Per Year ($ USD)
Sony Pictures' global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.