- Full Time
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
Job DescriptionScripted Development Manager (4-5 Month Fixed Term Contract)
This role supports the International Co-Productions business as the primary point of contact with the creative community in Spain, and as the person responsible for ensuring the day-to-day execution of the creative development and current of our original coproduction projects in Europe.
Your main responsibilities will be:
CONTENT DEVELOPMENT & PRODUCTION
• Act as the senior creative executive on greenlit/commissioned SPT European co-productions, providing notes on all scripts, attending set, watching dailies, providing post-production feedback as well as liaising with SPT marketing and distribution to ensure a smooth handover upon delivery.
• Source new, original and third-party content internationally to fit opco/client needs and to fill holes in existing Sony scripted formats catalogue by interfacing with writers, producers, publishers, rights holders and territory contacts, reviewing trade publications and attending international entertainment markets.
• Relay multi-territory acquisition opportunities to management as appropriate to bolster Sony catalogue for international scripted format sales.
• Provide in-depth analysis/evaluation of creative materials (e.g. scripts, books, treatments, sizzle reels, casting tapes, etc.).
• Lead script development process by producing and collating company-wide notes on projects in active development, working alongside talent and production companies to ensure client requirements are met.
• Procure and develop marketing materials and other support needed to aid in the pitching process for SPT original scripted programming.
• Liaise with SPT distribution to tailor EMEA development activities to current/future market needs.
TRAFFIC & MANAGEMENT
• Manage assignment traffic of the day-to-day operation of the scripted department to provide SVP with an accurate snapshot of activity and to ensure that projects keep moving forward, on time and on budget.
• Manage interns and/or coordinator when position is filled, providing career growth support.
SCRIPTED FORMAT SALES
• Coordinate with the scripted sales group and Global Scripted Group in LA to identify and pursue opportunities for SPT and third-party library format sales in EMEA.
• Liaise/share materials with Global and Domestic development in LA.
• Facilitate communication among territories through coordination of regular calls and creative summits.
• Deliver new strategy input on multi-territory development/production initiatives.
• Regular interface with Sony Business Affairs department to facilitate deal processes.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor's degree and a track record of proven successes as a highly creative and results-driven program development individual, including:
• Minimum of 6 years' experience in a creative role at a production company, studio or broadcaster developing original concepts as well as concepts pitched by outside writers/producers/ broadcasters, into quality, viable stories and scripts for commercial television production.
• Track record of developing projects to success, including at least one high end commission from a major international broadcaster.
• A steadfast appreciation for the diversity of audience tastes and preferences. Experienced enough to understand cultural translation as it relates to storytelling.
• Experience in structuring, scripting, and invigorating storylines. Enthusiasm and leadership qualities to inspire writers.
• Ability to understand and participate in the creative process, prioritize and organize projects.
• Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time, be willing to learn and perfect skills, communicate clearly, meet project deadlines.
• * Ability to work as a team or independently, use time efficiently, be detail oriented, assist upper management as well as manage direct reports.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures. No worker or potential worker will therefore receive less favourable treatment due to his or her race, age, creed, sexual orientation, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, religion, gender, marital status or Trade Union membership (if applicable).
ESP - Madrid - SPTI
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g67e59-54-158-251-104-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Sony Pictures' global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.