Manager, Networks Research
The Research Manager supports ad-hoc and ongoing research projects exclusively for Sony Pictures Television's Networks in Latin America. With an audience-obsessed attitude, the manager will be focused on connecting the dots between programming, ad sales, marketing, and affiliate departments, through timely and relevant audience insights reports. Some responsibilities include: KPIs performance tracking; in-depth networks monitoring (linear and non-linear), as well as a broad range of market intelligence on the local television industry, including TVE and social media, utilizing secondary resources that will include internet, multiple research data software, industry reports, etc.
- Create and maintain regular reports, from start to end, on networks and programs performance (daily overnights, monthly reports, quarterly competitive reporting, etc), and on market specific intelligence across platforms (linear and non-linear).
- In-depth analysis and reporting on Sony networks grids and TVE.
- Detailed Competitive scheduling tracking and sharing.
- Responsible for the performance trackers for SPT's Networks content: Canal Sony and AXN.
- Understand, gather, and disseminate intelligence on local television business and programming trends across multiple platforms: Free TV, Cable, Pay TV, TVE, Social Media and OTT.
- Close monitoring to IBOPE panel structure and changes.
- Close monitoring of affiliates evolution, changes, and innovation.
- Part of programming meetings with key programming stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the tracking of Networks brand performance.
- Exploration and Detection of relevant and leading edge internal opportunistic projects
- Participate in relevant conferences, workshops, and research industry groups in order to build and maintain strong industry contacts, develop vendor relationships and stay abreast of latest tools and methodologies
- Explore new ways to automate reporting
- Innovate in ways to share and propagate audience insights across the organization
- Training across the organization
- 4+ years of experience working in media research/analysis.
- Strong Excel, data visualization and PowerPoint skills are required. Tableau and Prezi experience is a plus.
- Must be numerate, can analyze audience research data and comfortable working with large data sets.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to write clear, meaningful, and concise ratings analyses
- Experience with at least 2 softwares is required: EMSTV, TechEdge, ITVR, Ibope Mediawork Station, Instar and/or Infosys. TGI, Ampere and GWI is preferred.
- Fluency in Portuguese and English is required (written and spoken). Spanish is a plus.
- Must be proactive, motivated, highly organized and a self-starter.
- Team player with ability to work independently and with multiple projects.
- Experience with primary research including building questionnaires and mining meaningful insights and recommendations is a plus.
- Management Experience is preferred.
Education: Bachelor's degree is required.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
BRA - Brooklin Novo - SP, Av das Nacoes 12
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d22q7m-18-204-227-34-42 in your application.