Programmatic Associate, Performance Media Group
Sony Pictures has been successful in evolving it's approach to media and marketing, building a best-in-class data foundation and launching an in-house Digital Media Buying team. Over the last 2 years, this team has been entrepreneurial at its core: laying the foundation of new internal marketing functions while growing and evolving to support the needs across Sony's Theatrical business. As our landscape has changed, so have the needs of the business, which has led to the expansion of the performance media function. Today this group activating campaigns for many groups under the Sony umbrella, including Home Entertainment, Television, and Distribution. The incoming members are expected to have start-up mentality (ambitious, hands-on, etc.) – and a desire to build the future digital-first workforce of Sony Pictures.
The Performance Media Associate will be responsible for the day-to-day setup and management of performance media campaigns, this includes campaign setup and execution, managing budget and pacing, trafficking creatives, and the development of reporting and actionable analytics. The Associate will accomplish these goals by:
Eager to Learn and Grow: willing to take direction and are excited about growing expertise across a variety of technology platforms. Works well in a fast-paced environment: Working closely with team to manage a high volume of workload, while continuing to be extremely detail-oriented to deliver flawless execution. Displays strong communication skills: communicate and collaborate with multiple internal and external agency parties
For success in this role, it is imperative the Associate be ambitious, self-starting, disciplined and curious in performance media and campaign management. As in any successful 'startup,' the Associate must be comfortable applying proactive, success-oriented structure in ambiguous contexts. It is preferred that He/She has experience in all audience platforms and is capable in managing performance campaigns from end-to-end, with the ability to communicate the needs and results with the internal & external agency teams. While all performance platforms is preferred, this candidate may be asked to focus on one or two areas due to needs of the group (i.e. Social or Programmatic).
Campaign Setup and QA: The Associate will be responsible for the setup & QA of performance campaigns, while following best practices across all releases. The Associate will work directly with the other members of their performance pod (including a Manager & Lead), as well as external agency partners (ad ops and some analytics), to manage the delivery of creative assets, campaign optimizations, and all relevant campaign/billing documentation in preparation for campaign launch and post-campaign wrap up. On the data front, the Associate will work extensively with internal and external teams to ensure first-party data segments 'piped' correctly to platform(s) before launch.
Campaign Management and Optimizations: The Associate will be responsible for optimizing SPE media campaigns daily. He/She will work with various technologies & buying platforms to optimize numerous target audience segments cross-platform, while supporting audience data analysis throughout & post-campaign.
Reporting: Reporting is essential for performance media buying. The Associate will be responsible for delivering a daily tracker to monitor daily pacing / performance changes. Weekly basis, he/she will provide visibility to the performance of live campaigns via weekly & campaign-end reporting.
Miscellaneous: On-the-job training is important for the team as performance media is an evolving business. The Associate will participate in regular knowledge share sessions to ''level up'' expertise across all performance platforms. In addition, it is expected that the Associates learn new platform strategies, and take the opportunity to hone in on professional skills (Time Management, Presentations, Software, etc)
• Bachelor's degree
• 1-2 years of experience
• Experience in working with digital audience platforms
• Programmatic: DV360, TradeDesk, AmazonDSP, Verizon
• Social: Facebook/Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, TikTok, Pinterest
• Search: Google, Bing
• Experience in working with Excel (e.g. PivotTables, Pivot Graph, Data Table, etc.)
• Experience in other MS Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Teams)
• Digital media/marketing landscape – with a focus on addressable media
• Hands-on executional experience with planning and managing paid social and programmatic activity across performance platforms a plus.
• Biddable media planning, strategy and optimization techniques
• Programmatically-bought paid social experience desirable
• Experience with DoubleClick and other 3rd party tracking solutions required
• Proficient in Excel with an analytical thought process
• Ability to juggle multiple priorities and maintain strong attention to detail
• Excellent communication and presentation skills both verbal and written
• Work under pressure and with short deadlines across multiple teams with fragmented, vertical (title-by-title) priorities
USA - Culver City - Studio Lot - Burns Bldg
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnk2xo-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.