London, United Kingdom
Producer and Writer (Fixed term contract)
Please note that this role is based in the United Kingdom. In order to enable us to meet statutory and regulatory obligations of the United Kingdom immigration system you must have the appropriate immigration permission needed to work and reside in the United Kingdom
Sony Creative Center in London is an arm of the internal agency based in Los Angeles and is a centralized hub in Western Europe for Sony Pictures Television which includes our networks, distribution, home entertainment, and global marketing businesses. Our focus is to execute and localize on-air promotion and 360 marketing campaigns based on a global strategy in close collaboration with the home office in Los Angeles that spans across the Sony universe across multiple platforms and markets in Western Europe.
• Based in our London office and reporting to the Senior Writer/Producer the On Air Creative Support will be responsible for the day-to-day creative and operational support of the Senior Writer/Producer in the On Air function for Networks GSA: Sony AXN and Sony Channel. The Writer/Producer develops the creative marketing campaigns for all original and acquired properties across multiple platforms as well as producing the on-air broadcast assets needed to support Sony Pictures Television (SPT) in Western Europe including Sony AXN and Sony Channel Germany as well as any additional support needed for all SPE lines of business. This position reports into the Sr. Writer/Producer and works closely with the operations and creative staff.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Conceptualize and develop, both hands-on or in collaboration with a third-party vendor, creative for a variety of needs across multiple network priorities including: show launches, image spots, branded content, interstitials, integrated promos, off-channel advertising, trailers, on-air continuity, network and content reels- the creative drives viewership and revenue for many of our channels. Must have the ability to be innovative and push the envelope.
• The ability to excel in a team environment, working towards a collective goal of the highest level of creative and efficiency.
• Capture project scope, translate it into a creative brief, oversee and direct third-party vendors from inception to completion as well as hands-on creative development of all production elements (i.e., graphics, scripts, music, shoots, etc.). Understand the overall vision and execution of the creative need for any campaign.
• Q.C. all masters before delivery, maintaining technical, creative, and branding standards with a keen eye for detail and seek perfection in all deliveries.
• Interface with network executives from various departments (i.e., Publicity, Marketing, Programming, Program Development, Sales, etc.), outside agencies and show runners and be able to articulate your creative vision at many different levels-whether in a deep dive with a show runner or at a strategic level with executives.
• Hands-on writing, producing, and editing as and when needed.
• Ability to juggle a heavy workload and keep multiple projects on track and to pivot quickly if required.
• Be a great communicator and punctual to maintain an efficient workflow and process and promptly communicate any issues to management.
• Accurately document work related information via work orders, etc. Manage asset and archive projects accordingly and understand delivery.
• Have a keen willingness to take on responsibilities outside of the role description and the ability to respond to business demands in a fast-paced environment. Present a positive and professional attitude to stakeholders and co-workers.
• Maintain familiarity with current culture video trends, social platforms and the relevance of fast and slow trends. Have an innate sense of curiosity you're your finger on the pulse of pop culture and social trends in design, marketing and advertising.
Work Experience Requirements
• A minimum of 2 years in the on-air marketing department of a major television network, studio or creative agency is desirable.
• Native English speaker and professional German language skills (desired)
• Understands the storytelling process
• Possesses copywriting skills
• A working knowledge of the post-production process
• Ability to translate design across all devices–desktop, tablet, TV, mobile
• Must be able to multi-task and work well under pressure while dealing with scheduling deadlines
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong sense of rhythm in both editorial/ narrative and sound/ music
• Hands on working experience with non-linear editing (FCP, AVID, Adobe Premiere)
• Knowledge of digital and social platforms preferred
• Familiarity with the social landscape, best practices and digital trends
• Ability to work flexible hours
• Knowledge of Sony Pictures Movie Library preferred
Bachelor's Degree from four-year college or university (Major in Television or Film production preferred) or equivalent experience (preferred).
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures. No worker or potential worker will therefore receive less favourable treatment due to their race, age, creed, sexual orientation, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, religion, gender, marital status or Trade Union membership (if applicable).
GBR - London - Brunel Building
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gppz2e-44-200-74-241-42 in your application.
Sony Pictures' global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.