Paralegal, Business Affairs
SPHE's Business Affairs team is looking for a highly skilled and detail-oriented candidate to help support business affairs activities relating to the physical and digital distribution of home entertainment content. This candidate will perform contract summary and review, market research and analysis and other duties to support the Business Affairs team (SVP, VP and Executive Director). SPHE Business Affairs works closely with sales, finance, operations and marketing executives to develop and implement commercial, operational and deal strategies for motion picture distribution across all digital and physical home entertainment media, including electronic sell-through, video-on-demand, pay-per-view, Blu-ray and DVD.
Summary: Provide organizational support by performing a full range of business affairs related duties, including, but not limited to, preparing deal digests and charts, conducting research and analysis, drafting correspondence and handling other tasks as assigned, for the Home Entertainment Business Affairs team, consisting of 1 Senior Vice President and 2 additional Business Affairs executives.
• Prepare internal summaries of digital media, physical media, operations, and acquisition deals to inform various departments of key business terms.
• Review new agreements and amendments to update and maintain all contract cheat sheets, trackers and summaries.
• Oversee and draft notifications and letters, such as certificates, authorizations, affidavits, renewals, violations, and terminations.
• Conduct internal and external home entertainment related research and prepare charts to inform various departments of research results.
• Represent Business Affairs in various standing meetings when needed.
• Create excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentation slides as needed.
• Perform special projects and additional tasks as assigned.
• Prior experience in business affairs, legal affairs and/or an entertainment environment required.
• Ability to read and interpret contract data to identify key terms.
• Excellent organizational and analysis skills.
• Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients.
• Sensitivity to confidential matters.
• Ability to communicate effectively to customers, internal clients and senior executives.
• High energy and enthusiasm, self-motivated, able to work independently and represent the Business Affairs team in a professional manner.
• Ability to learn quickly and adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
• Strong computer skills, including familiarity with common office software and applications, including Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentation slides.
• Strong interpersonal, analytical, verbal and written skills.
• Detail-oriented, capability to manage a large workload and juggle many competing priorities in a team-based environment, and ability to consistently meet deadlines.
• Notary public certification preferred but not required.
• Experience with contract and title databases.
• Ability to handle contract administration issues and related matters independently.
• B.A./B.S. or equivalent.
• Paralegal certificate preferred but not required.
• Minimum of 3 years' law firm/ in-house entertainment studio experience in providing administrative support to a team.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics
USA - Culver City - Akio Morita Building
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj873w-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.