PA to VP Finance
Please note that this role is based in the United Kingdom. In order to enable us to meet statutory and regulatory obligations of the United Kingdom immigration system you must have the appropriate immigration permission needed to work and reside in the United Kingdom
This position will be responsible for managing all administrative matters for the office of Sony Pictures Television's VP Finance International Production, whose duties include overseeing the financial operations of SPT's existing and future production companies worldwide, excluding the English-speaking US market. This position will support the VP, and the London based International Production Finance team and act as an administrative liaison to other departments within the company.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: extensive scheduling (and distribution of materials related to meetings and calls), setting audio and video conference calls, scanning, photocopying, filing, preparing agendas and materials for regularly scheduled business meeting, updating contact information, preparing international travel arrangements, expense reports, routing incoming and outgoing mail, tracking operations staff attendance and annual leave, ordering office supplies, continuously looking for and implementing simple systems to make the VP Finance's workload more efficient.
• Scheduling: Compiling and effectively maintaining the daily calendar of the VP Finance (on Outlook) including organising international conference calls, regular senior finance and operating company update calls, interoffice and external client meetings, scheduling executive luncheons and dinners, and conferences. Maximise time management for the VP Finance by remaining pro-actively involved with and in direct contact with VP Finance. Coordinate and maintain attendance and vacation schedule for finance department.
• Conference, Teams Calls /Meetings: Coordinate conference (Teams) calls, book meeting rooms and ensure that all attendees receive agenda and any related documents
• Travel Arrangements: In compliance with Sony's Travel and Entertainment Policy, organising extensive international travel arrangements including booking and confirming flights, lodging and ground transportation with Sony travel agents. Preparing business information packets for business trips including a comprehensive itinerary of travel arrangements and business meetings, travel documents, copies of presentations, meeting agendas, relevant agreements and financial binders. Travel needs include confirmation of all meeting locations, times, participants to ensure successful and productive international trips.
• Expense Reports Creating and tracking corporate expense reports for VP Finance monthly in Sony's Concur Solutions database system to ensure swift monetary reimbursement and ensuring that all corporate expense reports of other executives submitted for approval by VP Finance comply with company's T&E policy prior to submission to VP Finance.
• Visiting Executives: As directed by VP Finance, provide administrative and clerical support to visiting high-level international executives including: scheduling meetings, arranging transportation, copying, and updating travel arrangements.
• Inter-company Communication: Liaise with assistants to executives of other Sony divisions and with executive assistants serving SPT International Productions offices worldwide. Maintain open line of communication to address common issues.
• Special Events & Other: Assist with special events such as quarterly finance meetings, presentations, gifts, etc. Assist as needed, including coordination of catering for special events and arranging travel.
• IT Needs: Work with IT support to ensure that the executive's computer and mobile phone equipment are working effectively.
• Onboarding: Request equipment and security access for any new staff using Service Now (Internal I.T. management system).
• Supplies: Order and maintain appropriate level of office supplies to support VP Finance and Finance Team.
• Filing: Instituting and maintaining filing system to keep paper files organized and updated and a digital file system for VP Finance to insure easy access to documents.
• Strong verbal and written communication and diplomacy skills
• Previous experience within a finance department and familiarity with financial data desirable
• Typically 5 years experience supporting a senior executive, preferably in the entertainment business
• Educated to A Level standard, must have GCSE Grade C (or equivalent) in maths
• Highly numerate & computer literate (Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint) – must be very adaptable and confident with computer systems
• High level of organisation & ability to multitask, set priorities and meet deadlines whilst maintaining an extremely high level of attention to detail
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Proactive, enthusiastic and confident
• Team Player
• Demonstrable experience managing multiple executives including diary management & making traveling arrangements.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures. No worker or potential worker will therefore receive less favourable treatment due to his or her race, age, creed, sexual orientation, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, religion, gender, marital status or Trade Union membership (if applicable)
* Sony Pictures - GBR - London
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r72bn6-3-236-225-157-42 in your application.