Walt Disney Company Media Networks
OTC Director, APAC
Located in Singapore, the OTC Regional Director role is to support the retained Order-to-Cash resources and tasks across all lines of business (LOB) in the Asia Pacific region (APAC). The role will also support the region as the primary operational point of contact for the third party BPO provider.
Working closely with Home Office Finance, Commercial teams and BPO provider, the OTC Regional Director will ensure that key financial operations tasks and strategic customers are managed closely, and queries or issues raised from the business are prioritized and resolved in a timely fashion. The role will be a key point of contact for Sales teams on OTC matters in APAC and provide support to the third party BPO for issue resolution across region.
The OTC Regional Director will manage a direct staff of 6-7 throughout APAC ensuring that the team understands their widened cross-LOB roles and the focus on customer and commercial support remains dedicated.
The role will be focused on continuous process improvement and will achieve this by developing better oversight over OTC metrics, working closely with BPO management and SPE finance teams to produce best in class OTC and working capital cycle reporting methodologies.
Excellent communication skills are key as this individual will have to work effectively with teams across APAC and Home Office in Los Angeles.
Scope: The role covers the Order-to-Cash activity for Asia Pacific plus oversight of BPO operations. There will be involvement with most, if not all, of the offices on a regular basis.
Process & Oversight
• Working with business on analysis of complex collections.
• Working with the business on decisions to defer customers, apply interest penalties or provide for potential bad debt.
• Working with sales planning on capturing complex contracts correctly.
• Commercial finance review and sense checking of OTC reporting and cash forecasting.
• Working with BPO OTC teams to smooth process workflow, resolve escalated issues and increase BPO accountability.
Planning, Budgeting, Forecasting & Reporting
• Be a key point of contact with Home Office and all Regional offices to discuss OTC queries and find solutions to problems.
• Prepare input for OTC regional overhead budgets.
• Support current cash forecasting.
• Develop OTC dashboard reporting models.
Analysis & Support
• Support the regional office-based resources through regular interaction.
• Support the VP, Global Financial Operations OTC and LOB Sales teams with insightful cash cycle analysis.
• Understand the revenue drivers of the business and ways of adding value.
• Key business partner to the sales teams.
• Provide regional guidance for RTR and PTP issues as needed.
Projects and Continuous Improvement
• Identify and improve enabling tools and systems to provide enhanced financial and operational information.
• Embrace system enhancements and take the lead in implementing change.
• Support and engage in ad hoc projects as required.
• This position typically requires 8+ years experience in Finance and 3+ years in the entertainment industry
• Degree level, plus project management certification
• System experience with - SAP, MS Office, Advanced Excel (pivot tables, lookups), PowerPoint.
Demonstrated experience and fundamental knowledge of:
• Order to Cash end-to-end process across multiple lines of business with the ability to gain additional knowledge
• Working Capital cycle and the role OTC plays to reduce
• Credit Management and Collections techniques
• Commercial drivers which influence process
Demonstrated, expert skill in:
• Continuous process improvement
• Working across multiple Lines of business, territories and functions
• Working to produce simple data driven processes
• Coordination with BPO operations
Demonstrated, expert ability to:
• Provide clear, understandable and meaningful insights into OTC and Finance Leadership to support the management in expert data analytics. Provide best in class reporting to assist understanding of performance.
• Effectively communicate to both finance and non-finance personnel, and have a willingness to resolve issues, generate and share information.
• Work in a dynamic, fast moving and changing environment while managing multiple priorities.
• Effectively transmit, receive and accurately interpret ideas, information and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors, tools and techniques.
• Establish and build healthy relationships with clients, vendors and peers to create an environment committed to providing excellent and continually improving service.
• Build, manage and work as an effective team.
• Experience of working in an international organization and in the entertainment sector.
• Motivated by passion to exceed expectations and to continuously improve self, team, and department.
SGP - Hansapoint - SPENA
Sony Pictures' global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.