- Full Time
Job DescriptionOfficer, Broadcast Operations
SPTL Holdings Pte Ltd is a fully owned subsidiary of Sony Pictures Entertainment, which comes under Sony Pictures Television (SPT), Technology & Operations Department in Los Angeles, California. We are a fully digital facility set up in 1997 to provide playout and origination services to SPT Networks such as SET, MAX, SAB India and International feeds. SPTL Technical/ Operations provides 24/7 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week) network monitoring services for all feeds in state of the art master control rooms.
The Broadcast Operations Officer plays a critical multitasking role in ensuring Smooth On-air transmission and provides Technical support to ensure programs / commercials run as scheduled.
• Managing of On-air technical presentation of International Networks in South Asia and Latin America region
• Monitoring of up to 63 Channel feeds for technically acceptable subtitles, graphics and audio languages and video signals
• Perform recovery procedures to maintain seamless transmission of Channel feeds
• Managing of new or revised transmission logs, ensure accurate revision or appending of received logs
• Perform required configurations and ingesting of Live Sports events into digital video servers
• Perform technical QC in various contents received for broadcast, eg: transmission logs, Channel graphics, programmes and commercials
• Technical skills associated with transmission, video encoding, or other media manipulation, via manual and computerised systems
• The ability to work on urgent and overlapping transmission tasks under extreme pressure
• Collating, caching, transferring and managing media required by Playout, Creative Services and Access Services, Compliance and other clients, ensuring all details concerning the material identity are correct
• Logging, preparing and spot checking cached media to ensure it's ready for delivery and the required technical quality is not compromised
• Re-purposing media for other platforms by means of transcode or simple edits and conforms
• Attention to detail is essential
• ITE / GCE 'O' / Diploma in Engineering / Computer-related field
• Team player and ability to perform well under pressure
• Effective team player with strong resiliency
• Strong organizational skills, and a core technical understanding are required for this role.
• Able to perform 12 hours rotating shift
• Based in Singapore
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures. No worker or potential worker will therefore receive less favourable treatment due to their race, age, creed, sexual orientation, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, religion, gender, marital status or Trade Union membership (if applicable)
SGP - Telepark Building - SPTL
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzzze3-3-239-6-58-42 in your application.
Sony Pictures' global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.