The Global Sourcing team supports seven key categories of goods and services across Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE). Categories include Technology, Professional Services, Corporate Services/Facilities, Travel, Marketing, Production, and Distribution.
Sourcing Managers are assigned a primary category but will work cross-functionally in an agile sourcing model as trusted advisors supporting enterprise-wide projects that drive value, cost savings, process improvement, and supplier excellence.
The ideal candidate will have experience in each aspect of the end-to-end source-to-contract process including opportunity identification, spend baselining, RFx, contract negotiation and renewals, financial review, and supplier management. Candidate must have an agile mindset and have demonstrate competency and character that is fair, inclusive, consistent, transparent and accountable. The Global Procurement department embraces a learning culture built on trust, collaboration, technology, and process improvements to drive innovation and resilience in our business.
• Sourcing: Develop and lead sourcing strategies in various categories for the procurement of goods and services. Drive stakeholder meetings by preparing clear, fact-based, executive-level presentations that outline sourcing recommendations.
• Business Intelligence: Proactively monitor and understand the market and identify opportunities resulting from new product offerings and/or market shifts. Maintain operational knowledge of market rates for categories owned and conduct regular benchmarking. Leverage industry associations, peers, and stakeholders to identify and implement category best practices.
• Spend Analytics: Perform spend analysis to identify trends and opportunities to drive value. Contribute to continuous data enrichment to ensure spend data is accurate and provides useful business intelligence.
• eRFx: Develop and manage RFx (Requests for Proposals, Quotes, and Information) using bid management platform. Support business in bid evaluation processes, including collecting requirements, managing bidder communications, and analyzing bid responses within the system. Support supplier selection by making data-driven recommendations.
• Negotiations: Develop strategy and lead negotiation process. Negotiate enterprise-wide agreements that minimize financial and business risk exposure and provide optimal value. Draft contract business terms related to scope of work (SOW), service level agreements (SLA) and other business terms. Support review and negotiation of all other terms with support from Corporate Legal, Information Security, Risk Management, and other SPE departments as needed.
• Savings Valuation: Quantify the baseline value of goods and services being sourced, the value of negotiations, and the final change in the total cost of ownership.
• Trusted Advisor: Become knowledgeable about department functions to direct business inquiries to the proper teams. Manage relationships with internal SPE stakeholders and coordinate sourcing strategies, opportunities, and requirements with other Sony entities. Proactively meet with internal stakeholders and develop trusted relationships. Develop and present the business case and cost/benefit analysis to stakeholders.
• Supplier Management: Manage external supplier relationships and monitor agreement expirations for renewal or rebid strategy. Develop and manage supply base in collaboration with internal stakeholders. Evaluate and measure supplier performance. Serve as a resource to resolve issues and problems. Lead cyclical and ad-hoc supplier business reviews.
• Agile: Continuously look for ways to improve the sourcing process and leverage new ways to drive faster cycle-time, reduce touchpoints, and increase the speed at which SPE does business. Collaborate with business partners, suppliers, and stakeholders to drive an agile process.
• Candidate must have a minimum of 4-6 years of sourcing, procurement, consulting, or category-based experience.
• Familiarity or subject matter expertise in one or more relevant sourcing categories.
• Candidate must have experience in negotiating both domestic/local and international/global agreements.
• Candidate must have strong category management knowledge, including but not limited to opportunity identification, spend analytics, sourcing strategy, project management, RFx processes, contract negotiation, supplier benchmarking, contract compliance, and procure-to-pay processes.
• Track record of delivering significant and measurable value in a large, complex, and fast-moving organization.
• Must have strong Microsoft Office skills including Excel (especially advanced Excel functions),Word and PowerPoint
• Must have experience or be willing to learn advanced data analytics (Power-BI, Tableau, etc.)
• Must have experience or be willing to learn Agile, Scrum, Kanban methodologies.
• Experience in Media and Entertainment, or Technology-based industries preferred.
• Experience with eRFX, Spend Analytics, and Source-to-Contract tools preferred.
• The candidate must be a self-starter who can work independently and proactively identify potential areas for sourcing.
• The candidate must demonstrate aspects of the following core competencies:
• Trusted Partner
• Effective Communicator
• Strategic Thinker
• Innovative Problem Solver
• Change Agent
• Learner and Developer
• Have an affinity for movies, television, entertainment, media and content creation.
• Undergraduate Degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Computer Science, Finance or Business required
• CPM/CPSM or other similar certifications preferred.
• Agile/Scrum/Kanban or other similar certifications preferred.
The anticipated base salary for this position is $97,400 -$129,000. This role may also qualify for annual incentive and/or comprehensive benefits. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location of the position.
USA - Culver City - Studio Lot - CA01
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy59z0-34-204-169-230-42 in your application.