We are seeking an experienced Manager of Government Affairs to join Sony Picture's dynamic Global Public Policy & External Affairs team. This role involves developing and implementing strategies to represent Sony Picture's interests in government matters. The candidate will coordinate across various departments and external stakeholders to align with Sony Pictures' strategic goals while ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements. This position is responsible for providing administrative support to the head of the department, and general support to the GPPEA team as prescribed.
• Work broadly with the GPPEA team to engage internal and external stakeholders, for the purpose of building relationships which help shape policy and legislation on behalf of the company, and the entertainment industry as a whole.
• Manage, organize, prioritize and collaborate with outside consulting firms at the state, federal and global level to maximize impact and efficiency.
• Serve as the point of contact or conduit with local, state, and federal officials in support of key policy issues in alignment with company perspectives.
• Plan and execute theatrical screening events collaborating closely with SPE colleagues, industry associations (particularly MPA), and elected officials.
• Represent the company at industry, political, and community events.
• Provide administrative support including scheduling, meeting coordination, and event planning for senior executives.
• On behalf of Executive, regularly and directly interact with clients, potential clients, and other high-level/VIP persons, and establish and maintain relationships (internal and external).
• Manage Executive's meetings and presentations, which includes, but is not limited to, meeting organization, document preparation, and occasional coverage and taking notes.
• Collaborate with team members on meeting briefs and details. Submit compliance documentation.
• Bachelor's degree preferred; degree in Political Science, Public Administration, Law, or related field preferred.
• 2-3 years of experience in government affairs, public policy, or a related field, with a demonstrated understanding of legislative and regulatory processes.
• Experience in project management and working on Capitol Hill is a plus.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and skilled in technical troubleshooting.
• Excellent communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
• Strong attention to detail and outstanding organizational skills.
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative, adapt to feedback, and manage multiple tasks effectively, sometimes under time pressure.
The anticipated base salary for this position is $95,000-$155,000. This role may also qualify for annual incentive and/or comprehensive benefits. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location of the position.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
To request an accommodation for purposes of participating in the hiring process, you may contact us at SPE_Accommodation_Assistance@spe.sony.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d56yzz-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.