Manager, Data Governance
The manager in our Corporate IT BRM team serves as the conduit to the business users with the primary goal of understanding the business processes, workflows, and information requirements of the users. The manager will interact with stakeholders from various business units including IT, Legal, Finance, HR, and Information Security in support of current and future applications.
This role will be expected to lead cross-functional team efforts and execute project management activities as required to support Data Governance tools and applications under the Corporate team. The candidate must be hands on, very detailed oriented, and have strong communication and listening skills to facilitate meetings. The ideal candidate must also have a proven track record of supporting complex initiatives where multiple business units and processes are impacted.
• Management of projects and applications as needed to meet business objectives
• Staff, direct and manage project resources including ownership of work deliverables to ensure successful project and application delivery
• Solicit and elaborate requirements from stakeholders
• Create of business and functional requirement documents and/or user stories
• Design complex workflows and diagrams to depict business and system processes
• Assist in the creation acceptance criteria, test scenarios, and test cases
• Plan and Conduct Testing processes
• Support user guide creation and training documentation
• Minimum 5+ years of experience in IT or related technical professions
• Understanding of Data Governance processes and frameworks
• Experience with Business Intelligence tools
• Understanding of Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) processes
• Agile/Scrum Experience
• JIRA Experience
• Previous Entertainment Industry Work Experience
• Bachelor Degree required
• Computer Science or related Information Technology degree preferred
*As part of our commitment to health and safety, all US non-union applicants and employees must submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or request and obtain approval of a reasonable accommodation based on disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance. To request an accommodation for purposes of participating in the hiring process, you may contact us at SPE_Accommodation_Assistance@spe.sony.com.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmek16-54-174-225-82-42 in your application.