Business Affairs Executive, IMDB TV
Culver City, CA
Mgr Contracts - TV Studio Business Affairs
Sony Pictures Television Business Affairs is seeking a Mgr Contracts with experience in drafting various agreements, working closely with negotiators and legal department to ensure consistency with company policies and practices, and managing the contract process through to completion and signature.The successful candidate is a team player with strong organization skills, the ability to work independently, meet numerous deadlines and recognize and support the needs of the department, as well as being a detail-oriented person with excellent written and verbal communication skills. A JD is preferred but not required. The successful candidate must have the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, including senior level executives, and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a sense of composure and interacting well with all levels of the organization. The successful candidate must be able to work quickly and accurately, assess priorities and have a strong attention to detail.
• Draft above-the-line agreements (including amendments) from negotiator notes.
• Manage forms, Riders, Back-End Definitions with changing language as provided through discussions with the BA department and/or the legal department to meet the needs and concerns of Sony.
• Respond to inside calls/emails from various departments looking for guidance to solve that department's current issue(s) (whether it be a language issue or a form issue).
• Oversee each stage of the contract process with a focus on proactive communication with negotiator and legal
• Manage the contract process to ensure timely and accurate execution.
• Facilitate any deal interpretation questions.
• Ensure compliance with contracts with direction from negotiator/legal and company policies and procedures.
• Respond to inquiries; raise and escalate legal issues as necessary.
• JD preferred.
• Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in the entertainment industry (preferably in television with experience in Business/Legal Affairs).
• Strong PC skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word.
• Detailed oriented, with accurate input and strong proofreading skills.
• Excellent written, verbal, analytical and organizational skills.
• Self-starter with an excellent work ethic and commitment to professionalism
• Work effectively in a team-oriented, fast-paced, demanding environment while effectively managing deadlines.
• Ability to identify and analyze complex issues and devise constructive solutions and strategies.
• Must have superior organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize workload efficiently and effectively.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Sony Pictures' global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.