Manager, Application Architect
The Manager, Application Architect is responsible for supporting the technological aspects of a software development project so that the end product meets all business & technology requirements and is delivered on-time and on-budget.
• Support internal and external resources to solve the technical challenges of a software project including the overall architecture of the desired system
• Assist technical teams in understanding non-functional requirements for availability, scalability, robustness, fault tolerance & security
• Advises or consults on level 2 and/or level 3 support in incident and problem resolution when called upon
• Identify and work with appropriate teams, proactively, to resolve all technology issues with applications (infrastructure, performance, code etc.)
• Support the selection/development and implementation of innovative, technology-based solutions that will result in a reliable, flexible, coherent and cost-effective global infrastructure for the benefit of all SPE businesses worldwide
• Develop and maintain expertise and leadership within SPE IT for an assigned set of applications and/or infrastructure technologies, methodologies, analytical methods and/or processes ensuring that they operate to and meet or exceed the service level standards (SLAs)
• Support enterprise infrastructure solutions and business application systems according to the SPE IT technology policies and standards that meet the processing and information needs of clients (internal and/or external) and implement them on–time and on-budget
• Collaborate with the teams across SPE to research third party products and solutions, and bring innovative, value-enriching technology-based solutions to SPE
• Support the IT Audit requirements and the business continuity and disaster recovery standards and procedures
• Understand and ensure compliance with various Information Security, Compliance, Legal and/or regulatory requirements as applicable
• Support the Data Integrity, Process, Technology, Audit & Security architecture requirements of the company and ensure that software is developed according to the software development standards established by the IT organization
• Understand and leverage the use of Enterprise standards, technologies and platforms such as content management, identity management, integration, reporting and others
• Understand and leverage enterprise data repositories, business process re-use and/or master data
• Support SPE Digital transformation and Agile initiative.
Key outputs include:
• Document non-functional and technical requirements where required
• High- and low-level design documents and technical specifications for development and enhancement work efforts
• Contribute to Problem Management & Root cause analyses
• Contribution of technical documentation to IT knowledge database
• White/position papers on technology evaluations
• BA/BS degree preferred
• 5+ of years of IT work experience and 3+ years in the Full Stack architecture discipline
• Knowledgeable of enterprise-wide technology infrastructures in one of the following IT disciplines: Modern Web Technologies, IT Architecture (Process and information, applications, technology architectures), application development methodologies, and/or application development tools/techniques/practices
• Knowledgeable of technology infrastructure and in the applications layer with a track record for delivering business application systems on-time, on-budget, and functionally on-target
• Experienced in translating business requirements into technical specifications and in developing prototypes and in launching pilot tests
• Must have Agile software development experience.
• Working on backend and frontend design and development of web applications.
• Analyzing performance bottlenecks.
• Supporting and maintaining large scale complex enterprise applications with high QoS.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0w34m-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.