Manager, Advertising & Publicity, Sony Pictures Classics
The primary purpose of this position is to manage the talent for all Sony Pictures Classics movies.
Responsibilities/ duties include:
• Manage, create and execute all talent travel and press events for SPC's upcoming films.
• Manage and oversee the execution of booking of flights, hotels, cars, greeters and grooming including any issues that might arise with accommodations and travel.
• Liaise with all SPC's talent agents, mangers and/or publicists to negotiate and execute travel arrangements including class of travel, status of hotel room.
• Liaise and field all special r equests from talent's representatives during their travel and throughout all press obligations.
• Review all legal paid ad requirements on contract obligations for talent travel.
• Budget and report all pertinent travel and talent costs per film.
• Budget, manage and report hotel costs during theatrical press days including liaising with the publicists and talent to ensure a successful, cost- efficient junket and not incur an overspend.
• Manage festival and regional press tours and any associated itineraries.
• Negotiate rates and potential upg rades with hotels regarding talent travel and press days.
• Negotiate hair and grooming rates with 3 rd party agencies on behalf of the talent.
• Negotiate rates for outside car companies that talent prefers we use on a case by case basis.
• Negotiate fees for special translators for the talent of SPC's foreign films.
• Manage and create special travel bookings and ticket reservations for awards like Oscars, SAG or any other specialized film guild or event.
• Manage, budget and liaise with jet and helicopter companies outside of Sony when applicable.
• Liaise with production companies in order to ensure talent is available for SPC's press needs should the talent be on another project.
• Liaise with our legal department to review contracts for press days and theatre premiere screenings.
• Manage, budget and oversee the processing of the department invoices in a timely manner as well as setting up new vendors (including managing any temporary workers) and dealing with vendors when payment issues arise.
• Must be available by phone/e- mail on evenings and weekends to manage potential work inquiries including missed flights, lost luggage and missing car pick ups and dealing with sensitive or difficult talent.
• Track and reconcile all spending on the SPC procurement card across all departments on a monthly basis.
• Must be in a rotation to cover the phones to Co -Presidents when their assistant is away.
• Must be detail oriented as well as able to handle multiple tasks at a given time.
• Assist at special screening s, film premieres and press junket days.
• Must be responsible, have a polite and respectful demeanor and able to work calmly under pressure.
2 - 5 years related experience
• Strong computer skills; specifically Word, Excel and Powerpoint
• Superior communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
• Ability to identify work priorities and requirements up-front; complete complex projects on time and within budget; make effective and timely decisions and remain accountable for outcome
• Skill in establishing on-going relationships of trust and understanding
• Must be detail-oriented, possess strong negotiating skills and the ability to work on several tasks concurrently
* Sony Pictures - NY - New York City
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r719zp-3-238-98-214-42 in your application.