Please note that this role is based in the United Kingdom. In order to enable us to meet statutory and regulatory obligations of the United Kingdom immigration system you must have the appropriate immigration permission needed to work and reside in the United Kingdom.
About Sony Pictures Entertainment
SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition, and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.
Our Motion Picture Group's vast film library includes more than 3,500 titles, including 12 Best Picture Academy Award® winners. The studio has produced and financed some of the industry's most notable franchises including Spider-Man, Jumanji, Bad Boys, Peter Rabbit, Men In Black, Hotel Transylvania, Ghostbusters and Venom.
About the Role
SPE is looking to hire a talented, enthusiastic, motivated and thoughtful television and digital rights distribution lawyer to join our strong and well-established London legal team, which maintains high standards and encourages innovation and professional growth. The Legal Counsel will report to Sony Pictures' Senior Vice President, Legal Affairs, EMEA.
The role is suited to someone with approximately 3+ years' experience and will focus primarily on the licensing of the Motion Picture Group's films and Sony Pictures Television's TV series to television channels, SVOD and other digital platforms across the region. As an integral part of Sony Pictures' EMEA business, this is an exciting opportunity to work with clients across the region, and would suit applicants with an international outlook, who have either relevant in-house experience, or are looking to make the first move from private practice.
What you have:
• Experience of drafting and negotiating TV and digital rights licences.
• A solid understanding of intellectual property law and contract law.
• Self-starter with a proactive and positive attitude to their work that takes ownership of tasks and can work independently as well as with other employees.
• Ability and willingness to continue to learn new law and industry practices.
• Excellent legal analysis, drafting, negotiation and organizational skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to win the confidence of clients and management, and the flexibility to respond appropriately to a wide variety of clients across multiple territories in a fast-paced international business.
• Ability to work calmly and thoughtfully under pressure.
• A collaborative team player with a wish to learn and support others.
• Enthusiasm for the media industry!
How we take care of you:
• Competitive salary, with annual bonus eligibility.
• A choice of comprehensive health plan options that fit your lifestyle including private medical insurance.
• Rest and recharge during a week off during the winter holidays, in addition to the 25 days of paid annual leave.
• Participate in extensive learning & development opportunities at all levels, including curated instructor-led classes and high impact online resources.
• Build your community by joining our Employee Business Resource Groups, and/or Sony Pictures Action – our racial equity and inclusion strategy.
• Access to an employee online store filled with a variety of discounted Sony products.
• Watch the newest movies and TV shows at our exclusive employee screenings at work.
• Entitlement to apply for an interest-free season ticket loan.
• Automatic enrolment in the Company's Pension Plan
• Free counselling and advisory service.
• You will be automatically enrolled in the Company's Life Insurance and Group Income Protection Plans subject to any applicable service requirements.
• The opportunity to attend various social events in our state-of-the-art offices in Paddington.
• In addition to the above we have a range of other optional discounted benefits that are reviewed regularly (e.g., gym memberships, travel insurance, activity passes, car leasing, experience days and many more!)
If you require any reasonable adjustments with any part of the recruitment process, including the application or interview process, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put Reasonable Adjustment Request in the subject line of the email.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures. No worker or potential worker will therefore receive less favourable treatment due to their race, age, creed, sexual orientation, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, religion, gender, marital status or Trade Union membership (if applicable).
* Sony Pictures - GBR - London
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8xn3m-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.