Senior Graphics Programmer
Culver City, CA
IT SOX Compliance Manager - Technical Accounting
The Technical Accounting & Compliance Department sits within the Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) Corporate Finance Group. The team is accountable for consulting and advising business units on a proactive basis on accounting issues and policies, internal controls, and corporate governance. The department is also responsible for ensuring SPE is in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX). In addition, the group serves as a liaison to the external auditors, Tax and Internal Audit (RCD) in preparation and retention of Financial Statement Information and disclosures in coordination with Sony Corporation and the respective business units within SPE. The group also works with Legal and Business Development on various issues such as due diligence reviews.
The IT Compliance Manager will be responsible for assisting in the execution of the Compliance program, including analyzing IT processes, risks, and controls, implementing controls and policies to mitigate risk, performing root cause analysis, identifying improvement opportunities and recommending action plans that are pragmatic and achievable. The IT Compliance Manager will also assist with initiatives aimed at improving audit quality, efficiency, controls and governance around information technology and finance operations, tools, and processes to add value to the operations of IT, Finance and the overall business. The IT Compliance Manager will report to the IT Compliance Sr. Manager.
• Collaborate with internal and external auditors on SOX Compliance including monitoring and reporting of key Company Level (CLC), application and IT General (ITGC) controls and key reports in accordance with SOX 404 requirements and corporate standards.
• Analyze processes, risks, and controls related to the IT environment to identify improvement opportunities, recommend actions that are pragmatic and achievable, and partner with management to resolve deficiencies.
• Proactively provide insightful recommendations across SPE's environment to improve internal control procedures, increase audit efficiencies, and drive process optimization focusing on IT operations, change management, logical security, interfaces and scheduled jobs for financial applications and their supporting technologies.
• Support and educate employees on company-wide internal control compliance, including assisting IT senior management and project teams with clarification of requirements, implementing controls and policies to mitigate risk and SOX training.
• Develop and oversee the formalized program related to SOX system implementations to ensure appropriate IT controls are designed and in place prior the system's go live.
• Participate in special projects and company-wide initiatives to ensure potential control and process gaps are adequately addressed.
• Assist IT Business partners with user access reviews, monitoring controls, and SOC report assessments including providing guidance and recommendations to ensure compliance with corporate standards and SOX requirements.
• BS/BA – Information Systems or Finance/Accounting degree
• CISA (or equivalent) is preferred
• 3-5 years accounting work experience in an accounting firm or related industry
• Experience in SOX internal controls
• Experience with SAP ERP & GRC systems preferred
• Direct experience in motion picture and related industries preferred
Critical Success Factors:
• Excellent project management skills including the ability to manage multiple projects, the ability to work independently and meet deadlines
• Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills
• Familiarity with Agile Methodology
• Strong PC and analytical skills required
• Self-motivated team player
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Sony Pictures' global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.