IT Business Analyst Trainee, DCS IT Support – Spring 2024
Our Emerging Talent Programs, which includes Interns, Trainees, and Finance Rotational Associates, offer unique opportunities for students, recent graduates & emerging talent to work alongside the teams that come together to create movies, TV shows, & other great experiences. These seasonal, paid assignments provide meaningful and productive work that allows you to build on your experience and develop your skills further. You will be provided with challenging tasks, real-world experience, and many educational and social networking opportunities.
This Spring Trainee position is from January through May (start and end dates are flexible based on your schedule) and all candidates must be able to work 40 hours a week, Monday through Friday in the specified location. This type of opportunity will jump-start your career and prepare you for a career in the desired field. This is not a remote role. A hybrid work option may or may not be available.
DCS IT provides IT services to Distribution & Content Services (DCS). DCS IT provides business process analysis, project-based application, process & reporting enhancements, and break-fix application support. Our development team is comprised of both on and offshore resources.
DCS manages SPE's library and distribution operations for all of Sony Pictures Entertainment's business lines, including theatrical, home entertainment (streaming & physical), broadcast and cable. The division provides services related to the preservation and restoration of assets, mastering and foreign language creation, content manipulation, and file and tape-based delivery to worldwide clients.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Supporting project managers, business analysts, developers, and testers as they define, test & deploy functionality for existing & new systems
• Gathering functional requirements and writing user stories with business customers
• Creating & maintaining documentation for new & existing functions, processes, and workflows
• Assisting with data analysis and data cleanup projects
• Maintaining the team's Jira board, logging all issues, documenting issues with sufficient detail to implement, routing tickets to appropriate team members, and tracking all requests to completion
• Designing reports and dashboards to visualize important trends for management
• Designing application UI and dashboard templates based on user requirements
• Assisting with defining test cases, staging test data, and executing tests for application & reporting enhancements
• Supporting ''Keeping the Lights On (KLO)'' activities for new & existing applications, such as production support
• Strong service orientation and focus; good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to implement solutions for difficult software problems involving custom programming and software development
• Good working knowledge of common technical platforms
• Ability to be flexible and deal with changes both internal and external to the organization
• Ability to work independently to accomplish tasks that require coordination between multiple resources
• Computer Science, Information Systems, or other technical degree
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.) and SQL
• Experience creating business & technical requirement documents
• Experience with Access, Business Objects, JIRA, NoSQL, REST APIs, SQL Server, Tableau, Teradata, Visio
• Basic understanding of SDLC, Agile, project management and customer satisfaction measurement methodologies
• Knowledge of entertainment industry
The anticipated base salary for this position is $32/hour. This role may also qualify for comprehensive benefits. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location of the position.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmy20v-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.