ISO Specialist, Safety and Environmental Affairs
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America, a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production and distribution; television production and distribution; home entertainment acquisition and distribution; a global channel network; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; development of new entertainment products, services, and technologies; and distribution of entertainment in 159 countries.
SPE is accepting applications for an ISO Specialist to support our ISO 14001 Environmental Management System and ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety Management System for facilities located on the west coast of the United States. This role will also be responsible for reporting carbon emissions from non-production business operations to comply with environmental reporting requirements. The candidate will be a self-starter with excellent time management skills who has demonstrated knowledge in the field and the ability to manage essential tasks across several sites. The candidate will also be able to handle large quantities of data and identify opportunities for improvement and growth. This position is based at the SPE corporate offices located in Culver City.
• Collect, analyze, and report monthly, quarterly, and annual ISO 14001, 45001, and GEMS reporting requirements for 3+ sites.
• Manage the systems documentation and data reporting for various EHS programs such as hazardous waste, training, chemical management, and facility compliance requirements.
• Work with EHS leads to create policies, procedures, and work instructions in association with audits, core ISO standards, and corrective action plans. Review all documents for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with established deliverables and standards.
• Coordinate, schedule, and lead required implementation committees with various departments and establish annual objectives and targets that are tracked and measured.
• Respond to Sony Group Corporation inquiries and rationale for large data variances.
• Prepare ISO system annual reports for review with upper management to ensure it continues suitability, adequately, and effectively.
• Organize and participate in the annual internal audit process and external certification audits with third-party entities.
• Verify the implementation of corrective and preventative actions necessary to achieve targets and ensure the integrity of the management system is maintained.
• Assist with employee engagement activities, communications, engagement metrics, and other departmental tasks when needed.
• Support effort to update the scope of and methodology for carbon accounting to continue to increase the accuracy and quality of data.
• Manage the climate-related data aggregation, management, and quality assurance for non-production activity.
• Collaborate on the calculation of SPE's carbon footprint.
• Bachelor's degree required
• 1+ years of professional experience with ISO systems, carbon accounting, and/or EHS
• Ability to work effectively both individually and as a team
• Excellent oral, organizational, and written communication skills
• Proficient with large quantities of data and possess analytical skills
• Interest and skills in problem-solving, creative thinking, and handling a variety of tasks
• Adept in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel (Visio and SharePoint are also helpful)
• Knowledge of ISO systems and carbon accounting
• Knowledge of environmental health and sciences and/or occupational health and safety
• Experience working with regulatory agencies and auditors
• Experience working in corporate and/or industrial settings
The anticipated base salary for this position is $59,600 to $78,200. This role may also qualify for annual incentive and/or comprehensive benefits. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location of the position.
USA - Culver City - Studio Lot - CA01
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmjz3v-44-200-112-172-42 in your application.