VP, Enterprise Architecture
The Enterprise Architecture (EA) Program at Sony Pictures Entertainment is responsible for transforming and modernizing the service we provide to our Entertainment business partners. To do so, we are constantly improving our tools, capabilities, and processes.
The VP, Enterprise Architecture Prrole, reporting to the SVP, Chief Enterprise Architect, will be responsible for executing the EA programs and initiatives from concept to fruition. They will partner with multiple SPE stakeholders including IT and Business Executives, Architects, Application Developers, System Engineers, Information Security, Procurement, CDO, Legal and Privacy to ensure the outcomes of the program are delivered including cost optimization, modernization, and innovation.
The successful candidate for this role will be a seasoned Enterprise Architect with cross domain skills and practiced modern methods in Application, Security, Data, Cloud, Infrastructure, and Integration with depth in some domains and sufficient understanding of others. They should have experience implemented large scale enterprise systems and programs and have been part of an EA team or worked closely with an EA team. They should be able to execute on the EA imperatives to drive Standardization, Cost Optimization and Strategic Alignment.
They should also bring a demonstrated track-record of delivering highly matrixed programs through direct management and through indirect sponsorship where operating as a key stakeholder. This role requires an established leader who will be consistently effective across multiple programs and who will develop and maintain metrics to communicate program health aligned with business value delivered.
As a change and thought leader, the role will be key to the driving and influencing stakeholders to adopt a cost effective, innovative and modernization mindset through setting architecture guidance, communication, and governance.
• Execute the Application Portfolio Management program working across multiple application portfolios for SPE to drive Business value, cost optimization, modernization, and agility
• Create and manage/maintain the SPE Technology Catalog identifying standards, implementing lifecycle governance, establish usage governance and metrics. Establish control points across enterprise processes to ensure reduce tech proliferation. Work across hundreds of technology owners to manage the catalog to drive cost optimization, modernization, and agility.
• Run the SPE Architecture Leadership council meetings including setting agenda and minutes. Kickoff and track various EA sponsored working groups to develop strategies, reference architectures and patterns for key technology domains
• Establish the Solution Architecture governance process including designing and automating the process, engage with stakeholders across SPE IT and business stakeholders, and provide training and communications. This will drive the project portfolio to adopt standards, use architecture patterns and align to the reference architectures. Establish controls in enterprise processes such as DevSecOps, Procurement and 3rd party management to drive compliance and adoption of standards.
• Develop CIO dashboards and metrics to gauge the effectiveness of the EA Program and provide CIO with insights of the technical platforms.
• BA Economics or Finance or BS Computer Science
• 20 years of experience in Enterprise-wide Architecture Initiatives (Strategy, Governance, Technology)
• 10 years of experience in Program, Product, and Portfolio Delivery Leadership in IT
• 7 years of experience in consulting skills
• 5 years of experience in People Leadership
• 3 years of experience in Public Cloud and Data Architecture
• 3 years of experience in Information Security
• Broad knowledge of information security concepts, tools and practices
• Experience leading systems design and engineering projects
• Demonstrated technical program leadership skills in highly matrixed delivery roles
• Strong planning and analytical skills
• M & A technology integration experience highly desirable
• Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
• Fluent in the languages of business and technology
• Ability to develop meaningful metrics to track program and process effectiveness
• Public Cloud Architecture & Governance
• Information Security Architecture
• Program Management
• Reporting and Analytics
• Designing & Implementing Governance Processes
• Stakeholder Management
• Executive presence and communication ability
• Delivering Train
The anticipated base salary for this position is $190,000 to $235,000. This role may also qualify for annual incentive and/or comprehensive benefits. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location of the position.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g61yy8-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.