Full Time Job
Financial System Governance Subject Matter Expert / Manager
- Full Time
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
Job DescriptionFinancial System Governance Subject Matter Expert/Manager (Tsar)
SPE recently launched a centralized Governance, Oversight and Adoption (GOA) team to ensure that SPE remains aligned to the strategic direction defined in our transformation projects. GOA will ensure that SPE realizes the expected operational value of its investments.
The GOA team will assist with two challenges SPE faces: (1) the transition to a strategy whereby we are outsourcing our accounting processes to a non-captive BPO partner Capgemini which requires global standardization and (2) the objective of lowering the cost to serve of our financial systems.
Based in Manila, this role will be placed in the Governance & Oversight arm of GOA and report to the GOA Director. In this position you will be the point-person for questions and guidance and be where projects and initiatives go for assistance with firefighting, validating new initiatives, and playing major roles on new initiatives. The role and the whole GOA team will also include conformity to SPE's finance policies, systems, and processes. This includes identifying areas of non-compliance, drafting a remediation plan, and executing that plan.
A further key element of work will be working closely with GFO and Cap Gemini teams to standardize processes and metrics. GOA will partner with GFO, other cross-functional teams, and the business, but decision rights remain with GOA and will be validated against the guidelines and rules established. This will be done as a partnership in a fair, transparent, and responsible way.
A primary responsibility of this position will also be supporting the maintenance of master data in the ERP. You will function as the first level escalation point within the Supplier Maintenance work unit to create, modify, and block master data while confirming its compliance to guidelines and policy. You will also be responsible for maintaining the guidelines and updating them as needed.
The initial remit for GOA will be the processes and policies launched with the implementations of Ariba on Demand (AOD), SAP's S/4 HANA, and Cadency.
Core Responsibilities: include the following (but not limited to):
• Drive process improvement initiatives post system go live
• Ensure adherence to SPE master data management processes, controls, and policies
• Support Transformation programs with regional efforts and ensuring successful implementation of new processes and policies in the regions
• Oversee the systems in scope to make sure the use of systems is in accordance with set rules during pre-go live agreement
• Monitoring, enforcing and ensuring adaption to new System/Process standards
• Institutionalise and document standards and methodologies from completed projects
• Conduct routine audits of master data additions and updates, validating that the master data is complete in accordance with best practices
• Recommend enhancements to department processes and workflows to increase operational efficiency and accuracy
• Lead efforts for driving regionally related processes and undertaking continuous improvements focused on user experience, process efficiencies, issue resolution and updates to solution features and functionality
• Create, analyse and publish reports so management can track status
• Monitor pending requests and ensures timely processing of requests
• Perform root cause analysis for complex problems working alongside project teams, GFO and IT
• Partner with GFO Team on strong and consistent best practices across all regions
• Partnering with IT on the resolution of any issues related to system processes
• Collaborate with business partners to define business requirements for new functionality
• Function as first level support for escalation of concerns or discrepancies
• Proactively seek out potential data integrity issues to mitigate the risk of downstream system implications.
• Effectively and professionally manage challenging internal and external relationships
• Work as part of the GOA team providing support globally
• Night shift - cover HO US working hours (12am - 9am Manila Time)
Level of Education Required:
• Bachelors degree required, MBA or post- secondary education preferred
• Familiarity of the Record to Report and Source to Pay processes
• Experienced and proficient in Microsoft Office Applications required
• Ariba and SAP knowledge a plus. S4 HANA knowledge a plus
• Entertainment experience preferred
• Typically five+ years' professional experience with a background in process improvement, managing strategic projects and experience in business transformation programmes
• A minimum of three years of accounting experience required.
• Understanding of best practice Financial Operations processes, particularly those associated with the Media & Entertainment industry
• Significant experience managing Financial Operations processes or other core finance, accounting, or strategic planning processes, within a complex, high volume environment
• Appreciation of US GAAP, IFRS, and regulatory requirements
• Strong familiarity with month-end reporting processes and standards
• Experience working with Global stakeholders and end-users and effective interpersonal skills required
• Detail-oriented with good organizational skills, able to balance multiple tasks in a time sensitive atmosphere
• Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills
• Excellent ability to communicate complex information to others, presenting messages in a way that enhances understanding of large-scale projects
• Demonstrates strong and effective verbal and written communication skills necessary to interact effectively with internal and external customers as needed
• Excellent ability to consistently anticipate users' needs through an in-depth understanding of the regional business processes and operations
• Ability to balance multiple activities in a fast-paced environment while delivering a timely and high-quality end work product
• Can effectively respond to a changing workload while maintaining flexibility as priorities change
• Strong ability to perform analysis of large complex business, workflow, and technology issues to support decision-making
• Can effectively assess situations, consider alternatives, and choose the appropriate course of action
• Understands overall impacts of data changes and experience level to make the appropriate decisions
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
• Contributes to a collaborative, productive work environment through positive relationships with Senior Leadership, Managers, Employees, and the community
• Contributes new ideas, makes helpful suggestions for change in a dynamic work environment
• Demonstrates Leadership skills and mentors new hires
• A 'Customer' centric attitude with a 'continuous improvement' mindset
• Must be pro-active with issue identification and resolution
• Demonstrates willingness to perform additional duties when requested
PHL - Manila - MGFO
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb18by-52-205-167-104-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Sony Pictures' global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.