Financial Analyst, Television Production
Sony Pictures Television (SPT) is one of the television industry's leading content providers, producing, distributing, and carrying programming worldwide in every genre and for every platform. The TV production financial planning and analysis (FP&A) team sits at the nexus of financial information for SPT. The FP&A team builds financial forecasts, maintains TV ultimates for all of SPT's domestic productions, and supports business affairs and senior management in deal negotiations and business analysis. In pursuit of these goals, the FP&A team liaises with other finance groups within the organization, such as production finance, distribution finance, audit, accounting, technical accounting, billings, corporate reporting, and residuals, as well non-finance groups like the creative, business affairs, and programming teams. The team is looking for a Financial Analyst to report directly to the Director, TV Production FP&A.
• Responsible for the financial management of development projects, overall term deal contracts, & overhead within SPT division.
• Collaborate with Creative and Business Affairs team to ensure all projects are accounted for and produce regular reports and ad hoc requests for executive management team.
• Support strategic analysis of development related spend including a focus on talent pool, return on spend, and alignment with overall creative and strategic goals
• Interpret complex script, network and overall term deal agreements, while monitoring production slate activity to assess the financial impact on development budget and provide variance analysis.
• Coordinate with Business Affairs, Creative, Networks, and Billings teams to provide comprehensive quarterly forecasts for all SPT development activity
• Process weekly payroll for all term deals, which includes managing both internal and external groups, reviewing check requests, and producing payment setup calculations on overall term deals.
• Participate in the future development of a multi-dimensional database management tool for both Development & Overhead
• BS/BA degree with accounting/finance focus required
• 2+ years public accounting, consulting, banking, or Entertainment industry finance/accounting experience required
• Strong understanding of accounting / IFRS and forecasting models
• Entertainment interest preferred
• SAP or Essbase knowledge preferred
• Strong MS Excel skills required (look-ups, pivot tables, macros)
• CPA and/or MBA preferred
• Ability to quickly grasp new concepts and problem solve
• Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects
• Detail-oriented with strong organizational, analytical and PC skills
• Proven ability to meet challenging deadlines
• Ability to work well with others in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with all levels of management
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyeznk-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.