Senior Financial Analyst, TV Production
Culver City, CA
Financial Analyst, Studio Operations Finance
Studio Operations Group (SOG) Financial Analyst – responsible for managing the Planning and Reporting processes for the Studio Operations Group (Production Services, Post Production, Post Media Center and Distribution & Content Services).
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Support the Annual Budget, Quarterly Forecast and Mid-Range Plan processes for the Studio Operations Group businesses.
• Responsible for updating Revenue, Overhead, Labor and CapEx planning models to align with SOG business outlook and priorities.
• Compile, reconcile and review operational plans with business leaders.
• Work closely with Accounting to ensure accurate and timely submissions to Corporate. Will manage headcount, P&L, Cash Flow and Balance Sheet variance analyses and reconciliations.
• Seek opportunities to standardize and streamline planning processes across SOG businesses and develop new planning tools.
• Provide ad hoc analyses in support of Director of Finance.
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS
• Excellent attention to detail required.
• Experience developing and navigating complex financial models.
• Ability to forge strong relationships and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
• Strong organizational, project management and multi-tasking skills.
• Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
• Resourceful self-starter with the ability to quickly grasp new concepts in a fast-paced environment.
• Exhibit emotional intelligence and ability to work effectively throughout organizational hierarchies.
• Proven ability to perform well, both individually and as a team.
• Working knowledge of GAAP standards and compliance matters.
• Desire to learn.
• Minimum of 2 years of practical work experience in Finance or related analytical field. Big 4/Consulting experience a plus.
• B.S. or B.A. in Finance, Business, Mathematics or Economics preferred.
• Hands-on budgeting and forecasting experience.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills.
• High proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, & Word a must, knowledge of SAP, SQL, VBA, and Visio a plus.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkk7j4-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.
Sony Pictures' global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.