Senior Manager, Reporting & Analytics, FP&A
Culver City, CA
Financial Analyst, Global Finance Operations, OTC
The financial analyst will serve as the finance liaison to various departments of SPHE, including: Production Services, Client Operations, Sales Admin, Customer Finance.
Identify anomalies within the order process flow, investigating details of orders captured in exceptions to stop unwarranted financial transactions, working with cross functional teams to troubleshoot customer pricing issues, and analyzing customer credit claims to ensure submissions are reasonable.
• Review and research daily pricing discrepancies for orders placed/titles sold to ensure accuracy and timely resolution of variances.
• Identify anomalies within the order process flow to prevent oversite and collaborate with cross functional teams to prevent invoice delays.
• Review trade spend and price protection claims to ensure submissions are reasonable compared to the respective promotion plan.
• Extrapolate extensive data through queries to validate reporting from customers.
• Analyze and compile support for Post Audit claims to determine the validity of the credits requested Manage domestic returns issues with return centers, customers, freight carriers, and other external partners.
• Review adjustment orders created for accuracy and completeness.
• Ensure timely revenue recognition by analyzing and providing resolutions to open order queries.
• Prepare and perform cash application ensuring accurate posting of cash, deductions and credits in accordance with the customer's check remittance.
• Manage aging invoices and resolve payment discrepancies Performs regular review of open deductions on each customer's account Prepare ad hoc analysis and reporting.
• B.S./B.A. Finance and/or Accounting degree
• Flexible and able to operate effectively, accurately, and efficiently in a dynamic cross functional team environment.
• Ability to take initiative and efficiently complete tasks.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills, both oral and written.
• Understanding of accounting and financial policies and principles.
• Demonstrates proactiveness and strong follow-through skills.
• Entertainment knowledge. (Not Required)
• Experience in JDE One World. (Not Required)
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Sony Pictures' global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.