Executive Director Physical Production – Animation
Executive Director, Physical Production
The Executive Director, Physical Production – This role serves as liaison between producers, production
management and multiple operations groups to ensure efficient and effective production.
This position monitors all aspects of production and post-production operations, from prep through wrap,
to ensure staff maintains project schedules, budgets and creative expectations. Develops and documents
workflows, facility standards and production strategies.
• Assist the EVP and SVP Physical Production in developing production schedules/plans/budgets
on feature films and series.
• Manage Development APM's to facilitate and drive their weekly goals and maintain weekly status
of all feature development projects.
• Collaborate with the Creative Development group to execute production plans for Projects in
• Work with EVP's direct Reports on current issues, including reporting structures, data
organization, and standard operating procedures including Production and Associate Production
• Help expedite changes in production schedules.
• Coordinate with SPI software development team on any SPA tools in development
• Implement policy and procedures for SPA Productions.
• Help establish and maintain show production tracking reports report collaborating with both
Production Finance and show specific Production Management
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Minimum of 5 years experience budgeting, scheduling and maintaining visual effects/animated
• Experience with outsourcing, including identifying vendor studios.
• Strong working knowledge of Google Docs and production software.
• Must be able to multitask and work effectively under changing priorities and daily time constraints
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
• Take direction when needed and also take the initiative where applicable.
• Trustworthy with the ability to maintain a high level of discretion.
• Driven, innovative, strategic and solution focused.
• Demonstrated ability to work with creative individuals.
• Ability to communicate in a constructive, proactive manner.
*Sony Pictures Animation is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation,
gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d555bz-3-230-144-31-42 in your application.