Executive Director, Internal Communications
The Executive Director, Internal Communication position leads key elements of worldwide communications efforts that connect Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) employees to the business, to our content and to important news across the studio. Working hand-in-hand with the SVP, Internal Communication, three key areas of focus for this role include:
Strategic execution and continuous improvement - Develop and publish internal plans and communications, while proactively identifying and implementing improvements to creating messages, delivering them and tracking.
Business and functional partnership - Partner with internal clients to develop strategic communication solutions for business challenges and needs, ensuring communication objectives are being met in a timely, consistent and accurate way across SPE. This role collaborates with senior business leaders and key teams in ESG areas. This position also involves management of some external communication activities.
Change-related communication – Work closely with clients to help effectively manage change with communication solutions and support.
• Develop strategic internal communication plans, identify key messages and craft materials that effectively convey relevant and timely information to diverse audiences as part of a cohesive corporate communication program that approaches both internal and external communications holistically.
• Create talking points and provide oversight of presentation/collateral development to support key executive meetings and events.
• Stay plugged in to Sony Pictures' happenings and partner closely with internal teams to keep employees updated and engaged. This includes proactively connecting with teams at SPE and monitoring sentiment.
• Identify opportunities to use an evolving mix of communication channels across the studio – helping to prioritize communication needs.
• Provide communication counsel and execution support in the following core areas: management of ongoing, regularly scheduled communications maintaining an editorial calendar in partnership with other teams members; proofreading and editorial counsel; help in managing distribution lists to ensure accuracy and efficiency in reaching targeted audiences; publishing content to the company's intranet; partnering with teams managing social presence.
• Develop communication reports with analysis and insights, as needed, for SPE teams and for the broader Sony Corp team.
The Executive Director, Internal Communication will have at least 8 years of experience in a communications role, with a focus on employee communications. The communicator should also be:
• A strong writer - leader messages (unique tone and voice); challenging topics (candor & ability to unravel complexity)
• Experienced in supporting functional communications such as HR, finance, procurement IT and others – from ''business as usual'' topics to change-related areas include process and tool shifts
• Comfortable working in a publicly-traded, corporate environment
• Able to support senior leaders with confidence and effectiveness
• Adept at influencing – able to quickly build credibility and gain a seat at the table with key partners and peers
• An excellent communicator in both verbal and written forms.
• Relationship-oriented – an energetic, resourceful individual who thrives in an action-/results-oriented, environment.
• Able to meet deadlines and establish clear priorities quickly – works effectively under pressure
• Skilled at utilizing a broad mix of communication methods, delivery mechanisms and channels
• Exercises discretion with sensitive material and topics
Bachelor's degree required.
The anticipated base salary for this position is $181,300-$247,100. This role may also qualify for annual incentive and/or comprehensive benefits. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location of the position.
USA - Culver City - Studio Lot - CA01
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7p8kq-34-239-154-201-42 in your application.