Community Manager - Wheel Of Fortune
Culver City, CA
Editor Growth & Insights: Wheel of Fortune & Jeopardy!
Editor Growth & Insights Jeopardy! & Wheel of Fortune, Creative Center Culver City
The Sony Pictures Television Creative Center in Culver City is looking for a Growth & Insights Editor to define, grow and maintain an engaged audience on WheelofFortune.com, Jeopardy.com and their multiplatform subsidiaries. The Growth & Insights editor will work in lock step with the editorial teams of both brands to regularly provide clear, strategic data, insights and analysis that asist in decision-making of what multimedia stories can resound across each brand's platforms. This position reports into the VP Social/ Editorial.
The ideal candidate will work closely with the editorial team to set publishing rhythms based on audience behaviors (video views, newsletter clicks, sweepstakes sign ups, etc.) and will have experience working within a cross-functional, performance-based editorial team to analyze readership trends. In addition to making real-time content recommendations based on data and audience trends and oversee each brand's SEO strategy, the Growth & Insight Editor will also work closely with each brand's editorial team to distill third party content partnership data (Apple News, Medium, etc.) and create meaningful and easily digestible reporting that aids in the ability to meet and exceed KPIs through storytelling that keeps and enhances the quality and integrity of each brand. The Growth & Insights Editor has a mastery of digital content, storytelling and audiences and is excited by and curious about how platforms and behaviors connect. He or she is comfortable working in a fast-paced start-up environment within a nuanced corporate legacy business.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Analyze audience, traffic and social media data daily, providing daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports and frequent observations to Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy! editorial leadership.
• Work with Content Managers and Social Media/ Community Managers to shape – and continually reshape – social media and online content strategies, based on data.
• Aid Content Directors and VP Social/ Editorial with data reports, pulls and requests.
• Analyze content promotions and surface insights that will help drive audience engagement, growth, retention and show viewership.
• Curate audiences and inform engagement tactics to enable differentiated, relevant strategies across channels including email, in app, push notifications, social and web.
• Participate in daily content meetings.
• Write stories when needed.
• Help plan and execute SEO and social media strategy based on data, supporting and coaching digital staff.
• Able to translate complex data sets into clear and comprehensible insights to be shared with executive and show leadership.
• 90% content strategy
• 10% storymaking (seeing your content ideas through from idea to execution)
Work Experience Requirements
• 5+ years of relevant experience in marketing and/or content analytics, preferably within a publisher/ newsroom or an in-house content arm of a brand.
• Experienced in data visualization tools (Tableau, Domo, Datorama, etc.) and processing (SQL).
• Knowledge of data, analytics and algorithms on digital platforms including YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, and digital measurement tools like Tubular Labs, Chartbeat and Google Analytics.
• Proficiency in managing reporting function including producing KPIs and Dashboards.
• Ability to work flexible hours.
• Business acumen a must.
• Analytics within a content business a must.
• Entertainment experience a plus.
• Knowledgeable about performance marketing.
• YouTube and Facebook certifications a plus.
• Some quantitative and qualitative research experience is preferred.
Strong communication and grammar skills (written and verbal), time management, anticipatory nature, relishes teamwork, proactive problem solving skills, critical and strategic thinker, leadership acumen, innovator, strong ability to multi-task, pivot, agile, prioritize effectively and delegate as necessary.
In addition to having a passion for all types of content, this individual you have a finger on the pulse of pop culture and social trends in design, marketing and advertising. You are passionate about storymaking, strategic branding and creative and the elevation of these brands. You are a skilled storymaker at heart. You are able to move our business forward through strategic creative and are interested in entering, creating and sustaining an informed dialogue with fans from existing platforms as well as discovering additional avenues to engage and sustain new audiences and fandoms.
Background on Creative Center (Culver City, Miami)
Creative Center is a global, hybrid internal agency that is a centralized hub for Sony Pictures Television Studio, Distribution, Franchise, Syndication, Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy!, Global Networks, Ad/ Sales and Sony One Initiatives. Our focus is to service businesses across the globe within the Sony universe.
We are a design consultancy that brings best practices from the agency world into our corporate studio environment. We harness what's relevant from both and blend within our model. We apply high-end creative, strategy and intimate knowledge about our brands to every engagement with a sense of urgency, efficiency and fiscal responsibility. We are built to be nimble and customize teams based on the various creative needs of our constituents.
We currently ideate and execute the 360 marketing campaigns for original show launches, tent pole acquisitions as well as all B2B, B2C events for Sony Pictures Television. We are the on-air promotion group for the Global Networks business. We are the branding agency for global marketing designing and launching Sony Networks around the world, global campaigns for Sony IP, One Sony Initiatives and overarching Sony Pictures Entertainment campaigns for various corporate groups. We are also the digital agency for Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy!
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Sony Pictures' global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.