Director, Technical Architecture
The Director of Technical Architecture is a proactive, self-starting manager who has a proven track record of developing quality software and leading engineering teams to achieve outstanding results. You love to keep your hands in technology and architecture daily. The Director of Technical Architecture is a rabid problem solver and delights in solutions that meet a technical as well as a commercial need. As a Director of Technical Architecture, you will be responsible to oversee multiple teams of software engineers both internal and external, to provide technical leadership and set technical direction. Connected to a large multi-media entertainment platform, you will manage the delivery of multiple back and front-end projects from architecture to release while managing the project's goals and contributing to the product strategy. The perfect candidate not only has thorough knowledge and technical expertise to provide technical leadership on major projects, but also has a passion for problem solving, teaching, and developing a technical strategy that is nimble and robust. This is both a hands-on technical role where coding is expected in addition to sprint and team management.
• Manage multiple teams of software engineers, including task planning and code reviews. Engineering teams focus on a variety of technologies but primarily working within the .net framework implementing AWS services. Activities will range from core platform development, to service specific features, to optimization and tools development.
• Define, architect, and build high-quality software solutions while evangelizing technologies, solutions, and best practices. This person should have experience working with developers and testers in an agile environment, guiding the development process and suggesting solutions for implementation.
• Document the architecture, projects, sprints, and roadmaps. Managing multiple teams of developers will require functional documentation of sprints and roadmaps allowing the seamless handoff of development between the various team. Functional documentation is created and managed in Atlassian products, Jira and Confluence. Executive presentations and products will be required as well.
• Lead multiple projects utilizing an Agile methodology (Scrum) in a continuous delivery environment. Be both an effective people manager and a highly technical, hands-on coder.
• Collaborate with product management teams to ensure we're building the best products. Working with designers and producers to turn product definitions into a technology roadmap.
• Work with partners to explore technical solutions and integrations. In working with partners, this role will evaluate integration strategies for payment technologies, user authentication systems, DRM systems and other cloud technologies.
• BS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of professional experience writing production C++/C# code with emphasis on object-oriented programming
• Understanding of Video, Audio, and DRM technologies
• Experience working with developers and testers in an agile environment
• Excellent understanding of algorithms and data structures
• Understanding of cloud technologies: AWS, GCP, Azure
• Excellent debugging and optimization skills
• Great understanding of multi-threaded software architecture
• Good knowledge of modern hardware architecture
• Ability to contribute and lead discussion on non-core software language development
• Self-motivated and proactive with excellent problem-solving skills
• Excellent time management skills and ability to work independently and prioritize work
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx35qz-3-236-170-171-42 in your application.