Head Of Data Capture
Moving Picture Company
Remote / Virtual
Director, Production (TV/Film) Safety - EMEA
Please note that this role is based in the United Kingdom. In order to enable us to meet statutory and regulatory obligations of the United Kingdom immigration system you must have the appropriate immigration permission needed to work and reside in the United Kingdom.
This position is based at SPE corporate offices located in Paddington, London and resides in the Security, Safety and Sustainability Group (S3).
This influential position is responsible in helping to ensure the overall health & safety of the SPE EMEA production, TV and Feature workforce and the physical safety of production locations and facilities. Primary responsibilities include the development / implementation / management of programmes necessary to ensure a healthy, safe and environmentally sound workplace, as well as ensuring compliance with all applicable governmental health & safety and environmental regulations. This role will also support S3's aims and objectives regarding content and physical security at all locations.
Duties include directly supporting the Executive Director of EMEA S3, Executive Director of Production Safety (US Based) and the wider S3 team including the EMEA Directors of Sustainability and Security.
• Represent the Global Production Safety Group and S3 (Security, Safety and Sustainability) to SPE's EMEA motion picture and television productions at a strategic level.
• Evaluate production concepts, scripts, pitch sheets, etc., for health & safety concerns.
• Mitigate those concerns by working with Producers, Production Managers and other production staff.
• Work with productions to ensure health & safety and environmental compliance.
• Foster long-term, cooperative working relationships with key production stakeholders (safety representatives, Production Managers, etc.)
• Manage and develop relationships with external consultants focusing on a high level of service and competitive pricing.
• Attend recce(s) or technical location scouts (International in scope).
• Develop and implement SPE production policies including an EMEA Production Safety Manual.
• To educate crews on safety legal matters and best practice.
• Ability to access legislation on safety matters for productions throughout the EMEA region.
• Coordinate and/or conduct required employee health & safety training.
• Maintain and distribute industrial hygiene monitoring and personal protective equipment (PPE).
• Inspect and evaluate production sets, stages and locations for health & safety concerns; (International in scope)
• Respond to emergencies and incidents involving production employees.
• Investigate production incident and accidents; Recommend and monitor necessary corrective actions; Notify applicable regulatory agencies as appropriate (Health and Safety Executive and other EMEA regulatory agencies).
• Represent the Production Safety Group, S3 and SPE during regulatory inspections.
• Coordinate with other SPE departments such as Production Administration, Risk Management, Legal Affairs, etc.
• Managing 10 – 15 consultants on productions, spread over multiple continents.
• Representing SPE as the sole face for all national professional meetings such as the JACE/PSG/FBHS.
• Manage (within relevant policies) a budget for expenses on each feature film, for safety vendors, travel and equipment.
• Key contact for the 21+ EMEA TV production companies.
• Assist production on consultant vetting and HSE relationship maintenance.
• Sign off key talent stunts on feature film for risk management and insurance.
• Last minute requirements to travel over weekends and evenings.
• Travel up to 30-40% and regular evening telephone and conference calls.
• Established executive leadership, communication and influencing skills.
• 3-5 years operating at Senior manager/Director level or above, managing HSE programmes for a large corporation with experience across EMEA and beyond;
• Knowledge of the entertainment industry, including film and/or TV production; and
• Qualified/Certified health and safety professional with membership to relevant bodies - Essential (NEBOSH Diploma or NVQ L5 or equivalent)
• Chartered (CMIOSH) safety professional or equivalent. (Desirable)
• Film, TV and Digital production and distribution industry (desirable)
• Proven experience within the area of Production Safety or knowledge/expertise in the areas of pyrotechnics, stunt planning, structural engineering, hazardous materials identification and abatement, and/or large-scale construction projects.
• Knowledge and interest in staying current in world events and global political landscape.
• Knowledge of global EHS processes, compliance standards and industry best practice.
• Ability to speak clearly, persuasively and elicit cooperation from a diverse range of stakeholders.
• Proven ability to focus on issues and organize tasks to solve complex problems.
• Building key organisational relationships with senior leadership peers and representing S3 to external partners and stakeholders at an executive level.
• Positively influencing the thinking of senior production executives.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures. No worker or potential worker will therefore receive less favourable treatment due to his or her race, age, creed, sexual orientation, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, religion, gender, marital status or Trade Union membership (if applicable).
* Sony Pictures - GBR - London
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqo5x1-3-235-60-144-42 in your application.
Sony Pictures' global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.