Director, Global Publicity - International MPG
Director, International Publicity – Motion Picture Group
• Devise international publicity campaign strategies for Sony Pictures Classics titles from pre-theatrical release through home entertainment.
• Interact with and effectively communicate campaign goals with senior executives in the international offices and at home office.
• Prepare internal and external presentations such as marketing/filmmaker decks.
• Act as international title lead for all publicity efforts from strategy to rollout
• Liaison with title's sales agent and domestic distributor to sync the overall publicity campaign and materials
• Liaison with the international distribution department overseeing the product catalogue to update the publicity sections
• Attend regular meetings with SPC executives and team to sync and discuss domestic/international release plans and rollout
• Formulate and manage publicity campaign budgets - inclusive of awards
• Act as international hub when Sony rights are sub-distributed to different distributors per market
• Conduct international press set visits liaising with unit publicists, filmmakers, and talent representatives
• Coordinate talent participation/support for any international trailer launches (UK, Australia, etc.)
• Manage press day and junkets - plan and execute international-only days or work with domestic SPC/international distributor to negotiate talent access/slot fees into domestic tour and press activity
• International premieres
• Organizing red carpet press line and coverage - photos, event b-roll, highlight reels, etc.
• Manage premiere and after-party logistics - venue, transportation, security, catering, entertainment, etc.
• Facilitating ticket requests for talent, filmmakers, executives, sponsors and VIPs
• Staffing - talent handlers, press handlers, will call, etc.
• Plan and execute International talent tours from managing territory schedules to accompanying talent on the road
• PHONERS: Completed off junket, outreach & execution
• Oversees outside agency throughout the duration of the campaign and assists as needed with:
• Pitch and negotiate participation in international film festivals (50+ festivals)
• Develop positioning/key messaging and festival strategy for slate
• Liaise with regional supervisors regarding festival interest and develop plan with territory teams
• Handle submissions and all materials delivery to each festival (screener links, CCSL script/spotting list, DCPs delivery, publicity and finished creative materials)
• Acting as primary liaison for ALL festival correspondence between filmmakers, executives, territory and festival teams
• Facilitate initial press requests, pre-recorded introductions, greetings etc
• Coordinate talent/filmmaker participation, itineraries for attendees, rep liaison/approvals
• Liaise with Festival to coordinate logistics, approvals, talent invitations, announcement
• Communicate updates to markets as required; provide expertise on specific festivals and attending media.
• Create/update international festival calendar, templates and tracking systems for reporting all activity
• Working with host territory/press attaché, monitor and share top-line reviews and press reactions, service to filmmakers
• Develop international awards strategy (BAFTA, BIFA) in line with SPC awards strategy
• Manage filmmaker expectations for awards submissions and campaign plans/budgets
• Create budgets for each phase - submissions, campaigns, nominated titles/talent travel, etc.
• Distribute publicity materials to territory publicity teams - production notes, synopsis, stills, clips, b-roll, etc.
• Collaborate with domestic on photography opportunities in lieu of special shoots (licensing images, etc.)
• Create Publicity folders by title with all available materials on Runner
• Maintain relationships with talent representatives to secure publicity opportunities throughout the campaign
• Negotiate and finalize deal memos for talent hair, makeup and stylists
• Direct liaison with filmmakers at every stage of the campaign. Most of these level filmmakers don't have publicists or managers so the studio publicist will act as the key point person for filmmakers
• Handle talent on-site at press junkets, premieres, awards shows, screening Q&A's and other events
HOME ENTERTAINMENT INTERNATIONAL
• Oversee home entertainment campaigns, including formulating strategy, overseeing budget, and coordinating with domestic team for execution.
• 8 years minimum experience in film publicity/PR with international background required.
• Experience in film is a must - art house, independent is a plus -, home entertainment and TV experience desired, in addition to film and festival campaigns and strategy.
• Previous experience dealing with multiple international offices required.
• BS/BA in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, or relevant field.
• Success in multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
• Willingness to travel.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet research.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g33p15-3-236-51-151-42 in your application.