Director, Finance Transformation
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a leading creator and distributor of entertainment products, services, and technology.
Our global operations encompass motion picture and television production, distribution of filmed entertainment in over 67 countries, category leading networks around the globe, studio operations, and development of new entertainment technologies.
The Finance Transformation team works on strategic finance initiatives which enable the business to evolve and meet the demands of a rapidly changing industry. We are an internal consulting team that partners with various departments across the studio to help define and build the finance processes, systems, and teams of the future. The Finance Transformation team is home to change agents, innovators, and leaders. It's a team where you can apply your business, financial, and technological expertise, become a trusted advisor to senior executives, and contribute to the Finance organization's strategic direction. Currently, we are streamlining processes, breaking down silos within the business, digitizing systems, implementing Centers of Excellence, and developing next generation top talent.
The Finance Transformation team is looking for a Director who will be deeply imbedded in the business, improving financial and business operations. This project centric role will initially focus on the Television Production Finance function. This is an opportunity to be exposed to numerous functions, lead high exposure projects, and work side by side with company leaders at all levels.
Responsibilities will vary over time but may include:
• Dive in and support finance leaders and project teams – getting up to speed quickly on business operations and the key challenges constraining efficiency and effectiveness
• Work directly with key stakeholders from Analysts to CFO's to map key systems and processes and identify root causes of key issues
• Proactively develop and recommend future state designs that improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the organization
• Develop persuasive business cases and action plans that drive alignment and commitment of key stakeholders
• Build out and execute action plans in partnership with business stakeholders – driving initiatives through to completion
• Train and manage Finance Transformation staff, and provide project guidance to stakeholders throughout the organization
• Collaborate with technical teams to provide input on technology solutions and support end-to-end solution delivery
• Coordinate across projects and global stakeholder to clarify dependencies and facilitate communication
• Build financial models and distill insights and implications from analyses
• 8+ years of experience in one of the following fields of consulting, accounting, financial planning, or other strategic or analytical functions (i.e., strategy, business development, etc.)
• Must have multiple years of demonstrated excellence in project management, including mapping and improving business processes, or implementing applications, preferably financial in nature
• Entertainment or media experience strongly preferred
• Passion to solve problems and drive efficiency and effectiveness
• Self-starting and able to work effectively with limited daily guidance
• Analytical, people-oriented, problem-solver who thrives when tackling ambiguous problems
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to generate and deliver presentations that facilitate and influence decision-making at all levels of an organization
• High proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel required
• Demonstrated technological aptitude with experience using technology as a business enabler and driver.
• Strong financial analysis skills and experience conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis
• MBA preferred but not required
The anticipated base salary for this position is $128,100 - $181,000. This role may also qualify for annual incentive and/or comprehensive benefits. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location of the position.
USA - Culver City - Studio Lot - CA01
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r14v7m-3-214-184-223-42 in your application.