The theatrical legal department of Sony Pictures Entertainment is seeking a production attorney supporting the Screen Gems division at the ''Counsel'' or ''Senior Counsel'' level (depending on experience). Screen Gems is a small and team-oriented division of the company and the attorney will be responsible for providing legal support to the Business Affairs executive for all phases of development, production and post-production of theatrical motion pictures.
• Review chain of title documents and identify and take action to correct any rights issues
• Draft and negotiate agreements relating to motion picture development and production which include contracts for rights, writers, directors, producers, actors, key crew, leases, location agreements, license agreements as well as other production agreements
• Work closely with the Business Affairs executive and the creative executives and production executives of Screen Gems
• Handle legal issues that arise regarding motion picture production
• Two to five years of legal theatrical development and production experience
• Experience with co-financing and negative pick-ups would be a plus
• Knowledge of contract law and legal issues specific to entertainment law (production and intellectual property issues)
• Excellent communication and drafting skills
• Ability to review agreements and to trouble-spot legal issues
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively, take responsibility for projects, learn and understand policies and procedures and exercise sound judgment based on experience
• Member in good standing of California Bar
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d98z99-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.