Coordinator, Production Administration- Columbia Pictures
Sony Pictures Entertainment is a leading creator and distributor of entertainment products, services and technology. Our global operations encompass motion picture production and distribution, television production, programming and syndication, home video acquisitions and distribution, operation of studio facilities, development of new entertainment technologies and distribution of filmed entertainment in over 70 countries.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is looking for a Coordinator to join the SPE Production Administration team for Columbia Pictures.
• Track the progress of the shows while in production to gauge their progress and track what scenes are still owed and what scenes were shot ahead of schedule. This many times leads to correcting errors that were made on the production reports and morning reports.
• Create easily digested production box calendars for potential projects.
• Heavy phone work that includes checking messages, rolling calls, keeping a phone log, organizing key crew availability lists, and prioritizing call backs.
• Arrange the production reports, call sheets, and morning reports that are emailed throughout the day and file them appropriately afterwards.
• Create trusting and open relationship with productions.
• Keep EVP informed by providing accurate and timely information regarding the appropriate matters.
• Organize EVP's calendar and remind them of appointments.
• Prioritize issues when EVP is otherwise engaged to judge whether an issue is necessary to interrupt them.
• Update all One-liners, DOD, Budgets, Scripts, and Show Calendars that are received for EVP.
• Revise Daily Shoot Report and distribute it internally.
• Direct people both internally and externally to the correct department to contact for correct information that is needed.
• Assure that check requests and other forms requiring EVP signature are signed off on and returned to the appropriate department.
• Organize production calendars, shooting schedules, call sheets, and budgets once received so they are easily retrievable.
• Construct script and one-liner comparison reports that show the differences, in relation to budgetary impact, between versions in an easy to read and understand format.
• Compare contracts to see what verbiage has changed between versions
• Coordinate EVP's travel
• Research and compile information as needed for EVP.
• Schedule ATL, BTL, and any other Production Administration meetings as necessary
• Print and Distribute the Production Status Report and Weekly Contact List when needed.
• Update Weekly Confidential Contact List
• Archive Production Administration files as necessary.
• Distribute Pre-deal memos, ATL Budgets, DOD, One-liners, and Scripts internally as necessary
• Compile EVP's expense reports.
• Order office supplies for EVP.
• Pull files that are archived or in storage as necessary both internally and for shows, particularly when a show is doing additional photography or re-shoots.
• Send DGA a weekly report showing a list of DGA Members currently employed by our productions.
• Follow up on issues as they occur to make sure they are completed, this can be from making sure approvals are made to assuring that other departments have completed reports or other actions that is necessary for Production Administration to receive.
• Experience in production preferred.
• Highly organized, resourceful and dependable with excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure in a voluminous deadline-oriented department. Must be willing to take and follow directions.
• Maintain strict confidentiality regarding productions, budgets, schedules, and relationships with filmmakers.
• Able to work independently and set appropriate priorities.
• Proficient in movie magic budgeting and scheduling.
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Computer and technology literate – familiarity with Mac/PC operating systems and hard drive formats, Word, Excel, and Outlook
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r109qv-34-229-119-176-42 in your application.