For additional information, visit http://www.sonypictures.com/corp/divisions.html.
The Director, Communications will support the Sony Pictures Television (SPT) Networks in Latin America including Brazil. The Director will define PR and Corporate Communications strategic plans for the Press, both publicity and trades. It must maintain the awareness and top of mind of SPT's Brands Sony Channel and AXN with both traditional and non-traditional media outlets.
• Support and reinforce SPT Networks' business objectives through leveraging traditional and digital media.
• Ideate, lead and execute impactful content publicity strategies for Sony Channel and AXN.
• Develop strong collaborative relationships with Marketing and Social Media teams to design 360 communication campaigns and complement efforts to reach wider audiences.
• Foster synergy with other areas of the company to generate greater collaboration and contribute to achieving business objectives and revenue goals.
• Create and supervise local traditional and digital press events throughout the region.
• Work directly with content distributor Marketing and PR teams to secure access to talent and productions.
• Manage talent relationships for all Sony Channel and AXN acquisitions and original content.
• Manage and execute talent tours, junkets, EPK/promo shoots.
• Manage and supervise public relations agencies in key territories.
• Continuously monitor press coverage of channels in all markets to ensure the objectives success.
• Prepare effective publicity and corporate communications press releases.
• Establish and maintain strong relationships with media outlets across the region.
• Continuously collaborate with Sony Corporate Communications team to maintain company's corporate identity of SPE Networks.
• Support SPT Networks executives in all press related efforts for trades and consumer media.
• Effectively manage PR and Communications budgets for the region.
• Strong knowledge of traditional and digital programming publicity
• Strong knowledge of Corporate Communications
• High level of judgment in communications with experience leading PR/Communications campaigns, as well as creating and executing on PR strategy
• Ability to self-start strategic thinking, lead and execute projects with little supervision
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
• Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to communicate, build and maintain key relationships with internal stakeholders and external partners and clients
• Collaborative and flexible individual
• Established relationships with PR agencies covering the Latin America region
• Fully bilingual in English/Spanish. Portuguese is a plus
• Excellent communication skills in writing and editing in English and Spanish. Portuguese is a plus
• Moderate travel is required
• 8+ years of Communications, Public Relations, Publicity experience required
• 5+ years of TV/Media experience required, working within the Latin America region
• 3+ years of experience managing a team remotely
• Bachelor's degree is required with emphasis in Marketing and/or Communications
• Master's degree in Marketing/Communication is preferred
* Sony Pictures - FL - Miami