- Full Time
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
CASTING DIRECTOR LATAM
Title: Director Casting, LatAm
Location: Mexico City, Mexico
Division/Dept: SPT Production Latin America
Reports to: SVP & MD, International Production-Latin America
The Director Casting LatAm role is based in Mexico. The ideal candidate will possess great taste and have an in-depth knowledge of the local talent market. The Director sources, identifies, screens and recommends a diverse field of talent for Sony Pictures local television, network, cable and streaming productions to meet the creative scope and budget requirements of the studio. This position reports to SVP & MD, International Production-Latin America
(direct manager) and functionally works closely with EVP, WW Talent & Casting.
• Guides casting choices to enhance producers, the director's and writer's vision.
• Reads scripts to provide ideas on all scripted speaking roles.
• Builds and maintains relationships with studio executives, agencies and freelance casting resources to build casting pool.
• Organizes casting calls, readings and auditions.
• Manages talent databases that identify relevant talent for productions.
• Partners with Business Affairs as needed to negotiate contracts
• Enforces applicable studio policies; liaises between actors and artist representatives.
• Sources and identified potential new talent that need to be developed by studio for future productions.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in Casting, Management or Agency
• 5 to 7 years of experience Casting for television productions or agency
• Bilingual proficiency preferred (Spanish and English)
• Must have knowledge of local labor guidelines including child labor laws
• Must have production understanding from concept through pilot
• Professional demeanor in a high stress environment
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
MEX - Mexico City
Sony Pictures' global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.