Business Analyst, Office 365
At Sony Pictures we are in the business of creativity … making some of the most beloved film and television of all time for every platform in the world. As the most creative and proudly independent studio, our future is boundless. Sony Pictures Entertainment is a division of Sony Corporation, a creative entertainment company built on a foundation of technology. Along with our sister companies, we make movies, television, music and games that engage billions of people, connecting creators and audiences around the globe.
The Business Analyst in our Corporate IT team will play a key role in developing and supporting key enterprise technology solutions. The Business Analyst serves as the conduit to the business users, program sponsors, and technical with the primary goal of understanding the business processes, workflows, and information requirements of the users. The Business Analyst will interact with stakeholders from Infosec, Legal, Privacy, as well as with Sony Corp and other Sony operating company counterparts.
The role will be supporting current and future applications and related projects and play an integral role in the overall Microsoft 365 roadmap for Sony Pictures. The ideal candidate will be flexible, adaptable, and focused on delivering high value IT solutions.
• Primary liaison between IT and the business defining IT demand and delivering technology to enable and meet business strategy and support day-to-day operations.
• Build relationship as a trusted business partner with key business executives and be focal point for delivery of IT services.
• Owning approved business driven IT programs & projects and management of their respective business cases, ensuring that they deliver business value. Monitoring, and reviewing all project and program economics including costs, operational budgets, staffing requirements, resources, and risks.
• Initiating and facilitating communications between stakeholders, acting as a primary point of contact for defined groups
• Facilitating open communication and discussion between stakeholders. Captures and disseminates technical and business information.
• Leveraging the enterprise's IT organization, infrastructure and technology capabilities to deliver business results
• Managing a team of project managers & Business Analysts comprised of employees and service providers to drive and own the definition of business requirements
• Managing demand for applications work and prioritizing requests for application enhancements and new development across the business portfolio supported, working with the DCIO/RCIO to manage demand
• Establishing and monitoring the service levels for demand and incident management
• Ensure that all demand from the business enters IT pipeline appropriately and reporting status on that demand back to business constituents
• Organizes, plans, assigns, and monitors completion of services and measures based on delivery and financial success.
• Establishes project timelines and ensures team resources complete projects on schedule
• Assists in the development of the budget and develops financial forecasts for internal stakeholders.
• Creates an environment that encourages information sharing, team-based resolutions, cross-training, and process improvement.
Key outputs include:
• Business cases as required to support demand from the business
• Greenlight documents (CBA's/business cases)
• Business insights enabled through IT
• Strategic and cyclical planning and budgeting for application set resource requirements
• BA degree preferred
• Experience as a consultant or facilitator
• Solid understanding of the day-to-day execution of business processes and related IT tasks
• Knowledge of project and program management fundamentals
• Familiar with the ITIL Framework and demand processes across the IT organization
• Knowledge of enterprise IT Strategy, ITIL, IT Best Practice and Change Delivery
• Strong understanding of multiple software delivery life cycle methodologies
• Strong business domain knowledge and business acumen
• 3+ years of domain experience
• Proven history of IT management in either application support management or project management, with 3+ years of experience managing technology teams
• Proven skills in project management and project management oversight :
• Organize and lead the production of all collateral required to initiate a project (including vision document, business case/cost benefit analysis, high level requirements specifications, and other elaboration phase outputs). Assess/recommend skills and resources needed to successfully complete the project(s) and achieve the business and IT goals
• Organize the project team (people needed in the business and IT organizations, as well as third parties). Ensure all policies for on boarding new resources and vendors are followed. Create or supervise the creation of the project schedule, ensuring that it conforms to the System Development Lifecycle as appropriate.
• Maintain the project budget, project tracking and reporting requirements, and status reporting. Ensure that company controls are observed and applied to all projects under management. Ensure that a communications strategy and risk mitigation plan has been created and signed off by project stakeholders, and is being followed. Establish and maintain clear escalation procedures so that problems and issues encountered are addressed in a timely manner.
• Manage the project through all the phases and milestones from requirements gathering to post-implementation reviews. The project manager is responsible for ensuring that the necessary resources/skills are available as the project(s) go through the various phases of a software development life-cycle.
• For projects involving third parties, the project manager is accountable for ensuring that clear specifications are developed and communicated to the third parties (e.g. Preferred Service Providers), including criteria for acceptance of the outputs from the third parties.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3km09-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.